Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Nightmare Frog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2015, 11:05 pm

I'm pretty sure I've registered here a couple years ago, but I'm going into a difficult point in my life and feel the need to be able to talk to other people on the spectrum.

Anyway, I'm Peter. I'm 18 years old and graduated from high school in June 2014. I took an extra semester to take a co-op course. Now, I'm out of school completely and have been working a part-time job as a bistro attendant at slightly above minimum wage since the end of February. In September, I plan to go to college to take a university prep course for a year, then head to York University to take environmental studies. As for what I'll do with the rest of my life...I haven't exactly decided yet. A degree in environmental studies gives you a lot of options.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome when I was seven years old. My father has also been diagnosed, and I'm fairly sure that my grandmother is on the spectrum as well. I've always struggled with making new friends and have had social anxiety for most of my life - although I've gotten better over the course of the last couple of years, I still have some difficulty in talking to people that I'm not familiar with and can be shy around people who I haven't seen in a long time (for example, at family reunions I often go off and find a quiet room where I can be alone after a while).

I'm interested in science, technology and history, and have had a close connection with nature for most of my life. I love animals of all kinds and have several exotic pets including a leopard gecko and a number of poison dart frogs. I also like to write and work on creative projects.

Generally I'm pretty easy-going - that is, I don't struggle with anger issues much - but I do have generalized anxiety disorder and low self-esteem as well as Asperger's. I sometimes say or do things that embarrass me later or that cause me to accidentally insult and/or offend others (though that's more of an issue with at home than in public).

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know some other Aspies, chat with people, and maybe even help out around the site a bit.

-Peter (Nightmare Frog)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 11:24 pm

Hey, Nightmare Frog, welcome to WP!

I like frogs and geckos too, but I've never had any

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator