Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 5:58 am

In the past I dealt long with the fact if I could be schizotypal or not and I was never 100% certain, mainly because of the overlap towards other disorders and also because of my autistic tendencies.

But the last days it hit me.
I changed my GP recently, mainly because even after 5 years, I still had a certain distrust towards him. He never really did anything wrong. He wasn't the best GP though, but still quite alright. It was just a distrust, without any known cause or reason. But I've to say, that the mistrust is mainly towards medical stuff in general, what also has to do with bad experience in the past. The thing is that when I've a distrust towards someone, it doesn't really change over time. :?
Then I also suffered from derealisation (especially in the darkness) and from time to time magical thinking, but was always aware of it. Well and I'm also odd and somewhat withdrawn, but not in a schizoid way. I like to talk to certain ppl and at work I'm socially active somehow and around with ppl (not many though), but I tend to have a certain mistrust and never invite someone in my home.

And suddenly last week it hit me, that this must be schizotypal. 8O

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 8:52 pm

Do the traits impair you?

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 11:13 pm

So you mean the autistic traits?
No, of course not. Actually my social understanding got a lot better during puberty. It was pretty had before that.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 11:14 pm

No, I meant the schizotypal traits.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 11:40 pm

I'm not quite sure. I didn't really have them as a child. Actually it's more like my symptoms shifted from autism towards schizotypal while growing up. But besides that they are more or less constant. Sometimes they are more severe out f different reasons, but far away from being psychotic. I would say those schizotypal symptoms increase slowly over years.