Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Philostral
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 May 2015, 1:26 pm

I hope you're all doing well...

I'll introduce myself briefly. Or I'll at least try, because I often «write novels» when I introduce myself.

I am Gabriel. Diagnosed with social communication disorder (semantic pragmatic disorder, back then...) since age 5.

I kinda knew the existence of this forum a bit ago... I thought a lot about... fitting in a group which I could identify myself in. I think I don't need to tell you about the puzzling social patterns I experienced. It's like I feel some kind of conflict with my individuality and others... I get easily influenced... so I'm trying a lot to know my real self.

I think the first day I went to kindergarten explains a lot about me. When I entered the classroom... it's like I ignored the existence of other people in there and headed directly towards the toys. Then I heard the teacher... oh? a voice? (hahaha) «Gabriel, will you sit in circle with us?» She said.

It was the first time ever I had to follow a group. Everything was... new... I was focusing on the circle (underneath the group, there was a white circle proportional to us on a green carpet). Immediately, I changed inside. It's like the Gabriel who headed towards the toys while ignoring others ceased to exist... because I learnt that... noticing people is some kind of priority.

I had the chance to be sent in a specialized school the year after. So, I met some friends who shared similarities with my behaviors! Now, I'm in university but still wondering about my future career. I chose philosophy... because I just love to expand my mind... and soul... or heart... well, those are only words, right? Words don't change reality... :wink:

Yay! I succeeded in trying to not write a novel! haha. About me... hm, well, I like video games, anime, writing poetry, music (I play guitar and ukulele but would love to learn piano), sometimes drawing (especially when I succeed xD), spiritual stuff, trying to figure out what life is, NATURE AND COSMOS :D, philosophy of course..., seeing the beauty in things... well. That's it for now. That's my introduction! xD And, english isn't my native langage so... my mind is tired right now xD

Pleased to meet you all... can't wait to see your introductions! :D

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2015, 2:32 pm

Welcome. It sounds like we have a lot of common interests.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 3:53 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 5:05 pm

Hey Gabriel welcome. :sunny: