Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2015, 4:41 pm

Start actively seeking out romantic partners instead of waiting for them to come to you. Failing that, lower your standards.

There, that's all there is to it. You're a woman, so just do this and I can GUARANTEE your problems will be solved. :roll:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 4:48 pm

I used to come across as desperate all the time before I ever had a bf, and then I'd come across as desperate about a guy I liked in later years after I had had a bf. I was told that by a lot of friends and it was something I had to work on. Desperate isn't good, so you do want to work on it but for me just "working on myself" didn't do anything about it or give me self confidence. What gave me self confidence was having relationships or when guys liked me. That's what worked for me and what I did was I worked on how I looked, how I came across and how I presented myself to others. Really. You can still BE desperate for some guy to like you but not COME ACROSS as desperate for him to like you.

Talk to your friends about it and ask them to give you specific examples of something you said or did that showed desperation and practice not doing that. Really. It does work. Also, work on how you look so when you go out you look as good as possible and then go somewhere fairly casual like the mall or someplace where there will be guys and just notice who looks at you or talks to you and who doesn't. DO NOT try and pursue a relationship or a date or anything like that, this is just a recon mission, and the rules of engagement are very strict here. You don't want to meet a guy on this outing, you just want to see what gets you noticed and by what guys. Try different looks, acting different ways etc, and go on different days and times. See what kind of looks etc attracts the kind of guy you want and then you go out like that and try to meet somebody.

Seem interested but not too eager. Give him your number when he asks but don't bug him or follow him around or anything like that. Remember that you want him to pursue you and he can't do that if you aren't giving him a way to do it. Also, it's perfectly ok to ask a guy out. Fake the confidence if you have to. I've asked guys out and rarely gotten turned down when I did. If I did get turned down it was because they already had a gf, and that's not exactly rejection per se, it just means that they are taken. They aren't rejecting YOU, they are rejecting ANYONE. See the difference? It's not personal when someone rejects you because he has a gf. Well, it's personal if you are trying to be a man stealer, but doing that is skanky and it's also a whole lot of work and once you get him you can never trust him if he's that easy to steal, trust me on that one.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 3:34 pm

queensamaria wrote:
Thank you for your comments. My advice is to work on yourself and be confident. And no, I don't have a real boyfriend, and never had one.

I'm sorry to hear, and at the same time kinda surprised because it seems there are more male late bloomers than female late bloomers

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2015, 8:36 pm

Thank you all. But I am really not ready to have a boyfriend. I need to work on my relationship with God and myself first.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 9:15 pm

You will have a boyfriend when the right time comes. I have always thought I would never find anyone but I think I will too eventually. For some of us finding the right person is just a little harder. Especially since people like us don't get out as much as the NTs

1df5e76
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2015, 10:50 pm

queensamaria wrote:
[...] I got rejected every time [...]

Same.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 1:04 pm

queensamaria wrote:
Thank you all. But I am really not ready to have a boyfriend. I need to work on my relationship with God and myself first.

and normally guys are expected to work on themselves first, and do more work on themselves than girls do in order to be attractive, desirable to the opposite sex.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 3:21 pm

Listen queenmaria, I've been on wrongplanet for years, and I can assure this from year to year observation: No female on wp who whined about not having a boyfriend has stayed not having a boyfriend for too long :lol:.

So yeah, keep whining, and you'll get a boyfriend in no time.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 3:41 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Listen queenmaria, I've been on wrongplanet for years, and I can assure this from year to year observation: No female on wp who whined about not having a boyfriend has stayed not having a boyfriend for too long :lol:.

Sadly the same can't be said for guys

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 4:00 pm

I bet on one 1 month.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2015, 9:30 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Sadly the same can't be said for guys

It's like the old saying goes: "there's guy out there for every gal, but not a gal out there for every guy".

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2015, 9:44 pm

queensamaria wrote:

Look, you want some real advice? If you really want to get a boyfriend, forget all that crap. You're a woman, you don't need to be dominant (which is what people actually mean when they tell others they need to be "confident"), or in touch with your true self, or whatever other nonsense dating advice writers tell ugly, low-status guys like me that we need to be because they don't have the gall to come out and tell us the reason we can't find anyone is because we're ugly and low-status.

You want to find a boyfriend? Act nice (yes, I just said that. Niceness is actually an attractive trait in women) and improve your appearance. That's it, that's all you need to do. If you want to tilt the odds in your favor even further, take an active approach and actually ask guys on the out. On the off-chance this doesn't work, or you find yourself having a lot of casual sex and ONSes with no follow-up, then that means you're shooting for guys who are way above your level (a very common mistake amongst women today) and need to lower standards. There, there's nothing more that needs to be said. You want a boyfriend? Do what I described here, if you don't, then don't. :roll:

roteiro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jun 2015, 12:42 pm

You should really try out some online dating. There are lots of dating websites on the web but you should be aware of scam ones. But some of the reliable ones to, like Kovla. This is a website where my friend has found his love. She is a very lovely Russian girl, I really like her He was desperate too, but he made it. So, good luck you too

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
You just need to find a desperate guy who wont reject your advances. Go to Comic-Con and pic up guys there.
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I've been rejected once, but most of the time I let the guy ask me out so I don't come across as desperate.
OMG you have the best profile pick ever!

Thanks! I still have and play my old Gameboy games and even got a N64 game that doesn't work and Link's Awakening and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for my birthday this year.

Back on topic, rejection does hurt.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 4:36 pm

Gauldoth wrote:
queensamaria wrote:

Look, you want some real advice? If you really want to get a boyfriend, forget all that crap. You're a woman, you don't need to be dominant (which is what people actually mean when they tell others they need to be "confident"), or in touch with your true self, or whatever other nonsense dating advice writers tell ugly, low-status guys like me that we need to be because they don't have the gall to come out and tell us the reason we can't find anyone is because we're ugly and low-status.

You want to find a boyfriend? Act nice (yes, I just said that. Niceness is actually an attractive trait in women) and improve your appearance. That's it, that's all you need to do. If you want to tilt the odds in your favor even further, take an active approach and actually ask guys on the out. On the off-chance this doesn't work, or you find yourself having a lot of casual sex and ONSes with no follow-up, then that means you're shooting for guys who are way above your level (a very common mistake amongst women today) and need to lower standards. There, there's nothing more that needs to be said. You want a boyfriend? Do what I described here, if you don't, then don't. :roll:

What a horrible response :roll: Load of rubbish

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:
queensamaria wrote:

What a horrible response :roll: Load of rubbish

I actually agree with him; yes, you just need to be nice and look acceptable.

And the proactive approach works like magic for women, look for example at those WP girls who started "seeking a bf" threads got a bf in no time.
Also, go ask the women here, what's weird is that based on their posts I have noticed that a lot of them were the initiators; even a lot of guys who finally got gfs here was because their gfs initiated..

You in particular, is a typical passive girl in the traditional sense , you wait for the guy to initiate conversations, to do the courting , to do the asking out, - everything; and you project onto him your age standard (ie guy must be older; and that's probably a female instinct too).
And of course a guy will run out of topics if he has to start conversation everytime, if the converasation initation is two ways it woud lead to more topics/conversation in exponential rate.

He's so right in this post, try this.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 11 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.