Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:01 am

Guys, have anyone of you noticed once hitting that age, the 25-29 yo women on dating sites are less likely to date you because of your age?

Ever since turned to this age, they frequently tell me they are concerned I might be married seeking for an affair.

As if age 33 is a magical number.

Another clonish behavior....

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:21 am

When I was in my midtwenties, anyone over thirty seemed incredibly old. :skull:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:31 am

On dating sites I noticed that after I turned 26, the 18 to 22 year olds were much less willing to talk to me :(

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 8:02 am

One of many reasons that meeting people IRL is better than dating sites is that there isn't a "sign hanging around the person's neck" which immediately says their age.

alex
Developer
Developer

20 May 2015, 4:11 pm

I don't think it matters whether you're a couple years younger , the same age, or even 10 years older.

I know of plenty of cases where girls date guys a decade older. The reverse is less common but it also happens. There are no rules for these things.

Cartier
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2015, 10:29 pm

Venger wrote:
One of many reasons that meeting people IRL is better than dating sites is that there isn't a "sign hanging around the person's neck" which immediately says their age.

^^^ yes! This!

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 12:58 pm

sadly, I don't think we guys can fight our evolutionary nature to desire, be attracted to younger women

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 4:18 pm

It has to do with social structure. Most women in that age bracket want friends in that age bracket as well because of common interests. When someone dates you they're not just dating you, but also drawing in your friendship circle as their own. Most ~25 year olds won't fit in with their ~30 year old counterparts because they're in different phases of their life. It seems that once past 30 that barrier breaks down and age becomes less rigid.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 5:05 pm

Well in that case they should know that most of my friends are 18 - 22 anyway.

Also that I look younger than I am. When people meet me they think I'm 22 -24.

My former life of leisure caused me to age slowly. Now that I've started working and studying I think I may start aging double-time.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 5:58 pm

I'm 32, so haven't hit 33 yet.. but there's definitely age bias in the local gay community. Many consider 30 their cutoff. Hell, I myself prefer under 30 & definitely younger than myself, never older. But, there are also others that prefer minimum 30 or 35 or 40 or 50 etc. Everyone has their own personal age preferences when it comes to attraction.. but the most common one is "under 30 only."

So, yeah, I can definitely see how there's a 30 or 33 "thing," with local girls around you.. especially if you live in a culture where MOST people are married by then and thus it's assumed you must be seeking an affair. Around here, I'd say most people around our age are NOT married yet & it seems the typical age for marriage keeps rising along with real estate prices and the cost of living here - people don't feel they can afford to get married, or that they should yet because they haven't got their sh*t together in terms of a career that can buy them a home to live in etc. If things keep going the way they are, the typical age to think about getting married is going to be approaching & then surpassing 40! :lol: Just one more reason Vancouver is a bit of an Aspie dreamland. 8)

Cartier
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2015, 2:11 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
sadly, I don't think we guys can fight our evolutionary nature to desire, be attracted to younger women

But you can keep being a gross, creepy, over-entitled, seething loser who lives with his mommy and daddy, is broke, has no proper career, no actual prospects of having a proper career and resents the fact that girls (100% sensibly) want nothing to do with him.

You have nothing to offer a women. Nada. You want a super-hot, out of your league girl to magically give you the self-confidence you lack and for that magical self-confidence to result in you getting social skills, friends and a decently paying job.

Has it occurred to you that your lack of self-confidence is, well, correct? You. Are. A. Worthless. 27 yo. Virgin. With an over-entitlement complex.

The puppy love and hot early-twenties and late-teens girl you never got to kiss or date or have sex with? It's evolution at work! Your Elliot-Rodger-like-ness is bad for the human race.

You saying you might be willing to date a girl with a not-so-pretty face if she had a supermodel-hot body? Women aren't ornaments. Or objects to be acquired.

You are a single loser mommy-living-with-gross-virgin.

Thank GOODNESS all the hot girls you wish to acquire.... are repulsed by you.

Has it occurred to you that the reason girls avoid you is because you're a gross creep!

You have no self-esteem? Because you don't actually deserve any. You aren't worthy of the oxygen your creepy slimeballness takes up!! !

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 2:21 pm

kayteekay, go find some greener pastures somewhere else.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 2:25 pm

Boo, why can't you please notify me or XFilesGeek when she makes another account?

People please tell us when you notice trolls, we can't oversee every thread.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 2:37 pm

Maybe they didn't know it was him/her?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 2:41 pm

dunno, Boo usually has a sixth sense when it's about her....this is her eight incarnation, i don't get why she won't stop.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 2:43 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
dunno, Boo usually has a sixth sense when it's about her....this is her eight incarnation, i don't get why she won't stop.

Man, I never know when someone is a returned member unless they are really that obvious because they still post about their lives and facts about themselves which is a dead giveaway.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.