Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Don Quixote
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 May 2015, 3:12 pm

Hi,
Early 40's and just been told I'm on the spectrum with aspergers ( though all I've done is related some history and problems ). Please forgive any ignorance I show as I'm not well up on this at all. I've never really had any friends, but have done well in sports and academic arena's but awful in every job I've had and lost, despite my best, but inadequate efforts. Softer skills and all that. As I've realised more I seem to have coped worse and been more at a loss and confused.

I guess I'm here for advice, to understand and to learn and progress. I sure would like to expand my horizons and improve my situation. I'm relatively happy with me but disappointed how I fit/don't fit in the larger world. I thought this might be a good place to start ?

So Hi and thanks :-)

alex
Developer
Developer

20 May 2015, 3:13 pm

welcome to wrong planet!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 4:00 pm

Hey Don Quixote welcome. :sunny:

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 4:39 pm

Hello and welcome to WP :) I like your name/handle. I would say congrats with the diagnosis but a lot of times it's really a mixed bag of feelings & experiences as you come to terms with it, in the following days/years. I think you'll find us to be helpful as you start this journey-- I came here when I got my diagnosis almost a year ago and finding out that there were others like me who had similar lives, issues and frustrations- among other things, was incredibly valuable. Feel free to post questions or even experiences and I'm sure we'll be able to help.
Pull up a chair and get comfy :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 9:15 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2015, 9:27 pm

Welcome