Chance of a Lifetime to secure an Amazing Wife

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 4:45 pm

This whole thing does not sit well with me. This all sounds like a very strict contract. Doesn't sound like love at all.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 4:47 pm

Meren would like a lifetime marriage with a husband who shares her work and passion for it.

Pioneering field -- vet practice in sports rehab medicine -- only being done in USA now. Next 5 - 10 years will be very exciting and will require commitment as any new field does. After 5 - 10 years this practice will be throughout the world, not just the USA.

So yes it is possible that there will be a move to another country, possibly Canada or wherever conditions are most favorable for this line of work.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 4:51 pm

Of course it is not love yet! It's the first step, posting a description hoping to attract a man who reads it and understands it.

If a man resonates reading it, says Hey that's me! then he emails Meren, and if it seems interesting Skypes with her. If it continues to be interesting they continue emailing and Skyping and then they meet. If they like each other they meet more.

The description is the first step. Obvious if you don't like the description and don't see yourself as the man, then you aren't the man. Simple.

alex
Developer
Developer

20 May 2015, 4:52 pm

How would someone know if they're attracted to her without any pictures being posted? I know looks aren't everything but they certainly play a role. So far all anyone sees is a faceless person with a vague description.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:06 pm

How would somebody know? If somebody is attracted to brilliance, to a great career, to Nature, animals and water, to pioneering vet work and passion for the best excellence in a field, he will be attracted to the description.

Yes Meren is beautiful -- not in a glam way but wholesome natural beauty -- but looks are not everything. If they were all the beautiful ppl would be and remain happily married.

What is far more important is shared characteristics and interests.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:14 pm

OP, you seem pretty argumentative from what I am seeing here. You call everyone on here shallow or telling us we don't understand and therefore can't be the one for her. You're right about one thing: I don't understand, but I wasn't looking anyway. I already have the love that I want.
The description you give of her as a person is not the problem. You seem to be posting this idea on a forum for support for people with autism that money can buy love. And I am not sure what the situation between the two of you is when it comes to her knowing that you are courting her to strangers. Most people don't seem to like it when others are trying to play cupid with them.

Best of luck to Meren anyway, I hope she finds what she wants and needs.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:17 pm

alex wrote:
The_face_of_Boo , why are you being so antagonistic? Obviously the person wants citizenship, not money. A lot of people will pay to get an American man to marry them in order to get U.S. citizenship.

Aren't phoney marriages just for citizenship sort of illegal? I don't care what other people do but this sounds like something you could get in trouble for.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:19 pm

Where do you get an idea that money can buy love?

Love comes from shared interests, from finding life enriched by working with a person who makes one happy, who has that spark of enthusiasm for good things and is focused on improving.

Love is ignited by different things for different ppl. Meren is looking for somebody who is ignited by love of Nature, dogs, water, progress in vet medicine, and doing work that makes a positive difference.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:20 pm

It's not fake. It is not phony. It is more meticulous and real than most "dating" because it is starting out with select criteria and will only attract those will the same interests and criteria. It is more scientific.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:27 pm

Quote:
Man must be employed and have good earnings of his own. Must be able to find employment nearly anywhere.

Having good earnings and being able to work anywhere....extremely rare.

A man of such means wanting to marry a woman before living with her.....even rarer.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:28 pm

Cascadians wrote:
It's not fake. It is not phony. It is more meticulous and real than most "dating" because it is starting out with select criteria and will only attract those will the same interests and criteria. It is more scientific.

"Man must be able to commit to living together for 5 years; commit to a lot of paperwork; commit to vowing to support wife Meren for 10 years, and commit to moving with Meren wherever she needs to for 5 years."

5 years? Maybe because divorcing right after getting citizenship would look suspicious?

Look, I'm not opposed to what she is doing (her choice), but what she offers sounds more like a business deal than a relationship based on love. I can't even imagine people talking about marriage before even having a relationship with a person. She may be a great person, but setting such requirements and demands before even meeting someone will scare away most men. She could be the last woman on earth and I still wouldn't be interested in her ad if it sounds like this. I'm not going to sign my life away.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:29 pm

trollcatman wrote:
alex wrote:
The_face_of_Boo , why are you being so antagonistic? Obviously the person wants citizenship, not money. A lot of people will pay to get an American man to marry them in order to get U.S. citizenship.

Aren't phoney marriages just for citizenship sort of illegal? I don't care what other people do but this sounds like something you could get in trouble for.

Alex- he has a valid point here (see bolded)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:30 pm

And how are you so sure that after X years....she'll be there and after Y years she's ll be that...?

You have her business plan? and she's setting her business expansion plan there ahead of 10 years?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 20 May 2015, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex
Developer
Developer

20 May 2015, 5:30 pm

Cascadians wrote:
How would somebody know? If somebody is attracted to brilliance, to a great career, to Nature, animals and water, to pioneering vet work and passion for the best excellence in a field, he will be attracted to the description.

Right but there's a difference between being attracted to a description and being attracted to an actual person. I think it's likely someone could be attracted to a description, but upon seeing a picture, would lose that attraction.

And to answer your comment aspiemike, at worst she'd be deported and you'd be without a wife. I doubt you'd get in much more trouble than that.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:32 pm

In my generation, my age bracket (55), the veterinarians were mainly men. So I wondered why Meren didn't already have a husband. But then I learned that most ppl in vet school now are women. Overwhelmingly women. Women have completely taken over vet medicine. Meren's prestigious vet school class, out of 164, only 5 men.

http://blog.smu.edu/research/2010/11/01 ... aw-fields/

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/200 ... -engineers

So Meren hasn't met any eligible men in vet school, vet clinics, vet hospitals etc.

The world is changing rapidly. The chances of finding an Aspie man who is suitable, granted, is slim, but I had to try. There is probably one out there but he has to read this thread :D

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:35 pm

The logical progression is:

Attraction to description
Attraction to emails
Attraction to Skyping (living moving picture, lol)
Attraction to meeting
Attraction to meeting more
Attraction to spending more time together
Etc.

If at any point the attraction lessens than obviously they are not meant for each other.