Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:35 pm

The logical progression is:

Attraction to description
Attraction to emails
Attraction to Skyping (living moving picture, lol)
Attraction to meeting
Attraction to meeting more
Attraction to spending more time together
Etc.

If at any point the attraction lessens than obviously they are not meant for each other.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:37 pm

Alex- I don't think you understood me. I was referring more to any possible legal ramification her posting this on the forum could have on you.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:41 pm

This relationship will be based on a shared passion for work. So in a sense it is businesslike. And the approach is more scientific. But the hope is love will blossom as a result of shared interests.

If posting on an Aspie forum does not attract an Aspie man, obviously something else will be necessary.

Any creative Aspies know where a young vibrant brilliant woman can post criteria to start the selection process of attracting a husband?

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:43 pm

Cascadians wrote:
In my generation, my age bracket (55), the veterinarians were mainly men. So I wondered why Meren didn't already have a husband. But then I learned that most ppl in vet school now are women. Overwhelmingly women. Women have completely taken over vet medicine. Meren's prestigious vet school class, out of 164, only 5 men.

http://blog.smu.edu/research/2010/11/01 ... aw-fields/

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/200 ... -engineers

So Meren hasn't met any eligible men in vet school, vet clinics, vet hospitals etc.

The world is changing rapidly. The chances of finding an Aspie man who is suitable, granted, is slim, but I had to try. There is probably one out there but he has to read this thread :D

She may be a great person, but her description sounds very demanding. I do not qualify for her add on pretty much all accounts, but even if I did I would stay away as far as I could. She sounds extremely controlling. I remember seeing a wife tell her husband "You can only have one beer tonight" and he just meekly accepted. See, other men do not want to be that man. The man might as well go to the lady vet and ask him to cut off his own balls.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:48 pm

Her line of work is demanding. It takes tremendous concentration, focus and discipline to achieve great things, especially in new fields. I have read that men sometimes find professional women intimidating and that may be true. I may find that out on this thread. :D

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 5:51 pm

The years. 5 - 10 years. Veterinary Sports Medicine is an entire new field. There is only one place in the world that is practicing it. In 5 - 10 years it will probably become world-wide, at the rate of enormous progress in communication and medical advancements. But now it is only in the USA.

http://www.vosm.com

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:56 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Cascadians wrote:
In my generation, my age bracket (55), the veterinarians were mainly men. So I wondered why Meren didn't already have a husband. But then I learned that most ppl in vet school now are women. Overwhelmingly women. Women have completely taken over vet medicine. Meren's prestigious vet school class, out of 164, only 5 men.

So Meren hasn't met any eligible men in vet school, vet clinics, vet hospitals etc.

The world is changing rapidly. The chances of finding an Aspie man who is suitable, granted, is slim, but I had to try. There is probably one out there but he has to read this thread :D

She may be a great person, but her description sounds very demanding. I do not qualify for her add on pretty much all accounts, but even if I did I would stay away as far as I could. She sounds extremely controlling. I remember seeing a wife tell her husband "You can only have one beer tonight" and he just meekly accepted. See, other men do not want to be that man. The man might as well go to the lady vet and ask him to cut off his own balls.

Well, she's certainly good in neutering.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:01 pm

Cascadians wrote:
Her line of work is demanding. It takes tremendous concentration, focus and discipline to achieve great things, especially in new fields. I have read that men sometimes find professional women intimidating and that may be true. I may find that out on this thread. :D

It is not a problem she is a professional women, but that she is a demanding woman.

- man must make good money
- man must be American so she can get citizenship
- man must sign up to travel to wherever she finds a job for next 5-10 years, after that everything is up for grabs

These are all huge red flags. I can't imagine an educated man with good income feeling attracted by reading this, they will run. There is nothing in it that says something of her personality, her hobbies, her political views, her religion (those last two are VERY important to be compatible). Most couples are from similar social class or background.
I can't imagine jumping into a marriage without living together for a few years.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Cascadians wrote:

Well, she's certainly good in neutering.

To accept a marriage deal like this, the man is probably a eunuch and lobotomized.
Even the rich oil sheikh Boo isn't interested 8)

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:10 pm

Posting a personal ad on behalf of someone else is only going to raise all kinds of suspicion and disbelief. If this person exists and she does want a serious relationship leading to marriage, I can only suggest that she join and post her own personal ads.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:15 pm

Very fishy and yes illegal to form a marriage based on somebody simply wanting citizenship -- which is not even automatically handed out. That's not even how it works. WAY more complicated than that, even when the marriage is genuine. Avoid.

The very fact that the OP has baldly and boldy stated "so she can get citizenship" is an admission of the desire to commit an illegal act.

The Immigration and Naturalization Service could probably find this thread by a google search on Meren's name, and read that statement.

They DO investigate any application for resident status based on a marriage, and they will find this naked statement of intent to marry merely for citizenship.

If you had any idea how much scrutiny even genuine marriages involving a foreign national come under, and any idea how complicated it is to even get to the time -- YEARS down the line -- when the candidate is even permitted to change resident status into an application for citizenship, you wouldn't be so simplistic about all this, OP.

You have no clue what you're trying to get this Meren and some poor man into here. And you do not mess with the INS. And yes the US citizen who is the other party in a "paper" marriage does get prosecuted as far as I'm aware, for being an accessory to the foreign national's crime in attempting to gain citizenship by false marriage.

Last edited by BirdInFlight on 20 May 2015, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 6:16 pm

Her personality is work, her hobbies are work. I don't think she has any political or religious views. It is all about work. Her work is demanding but aspects are really fun. It involves Nature, water, dogs, training, sports and gear. Meren has a sense of humor and is very hard working.

In many ways Meren is like an Aspie, with very focused concentration and specialized interest. A similar Aspie would understand this degree of passion. I don't know if one can be found with the same or similar passion but it is worth a try.

This is why the criteria is so important. She wants to attract a person as unique as herself. She wants what used to be called a soulmate that is a workmate.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 6:30 pm

There is a serious lack of reading comprehension on this thread on the part of posters.

I should add "good reading comprehension" to the criteria :D

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:33 pm

Maybe, but still the basic message of your post here can be summed up as:

Non-American woman seeks American man in order to obtain US citizenship.

You can fancy it up with reminders about "love" eventually arising between this happy couple, but at heart this is a cold blooded attempt to hook some poor guy into a deal just so that some woman can follow her ambitions which also happen to include duping a US government department.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:35 pm

There is no lack of reading comprehension on our part. This example sums up your sales pitch concisely:

BirdInFlight wrote:
[...] Non-American woman seeks American man in order to obtain US citizenship. [...]

This is just my opinion, but there does seem to be a serious disconnection with reality on someone else's part ... :roll:

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 6:42 pm

I'm sorry you see it that way. Your view is not an accurate correspondence to reality. But if other men also see it this way, obviously it will not attract those men. However it is an accurate post and it is important that it be accurate to attract the right man. If he doesn't exist, so be it.

Meren does not need a man to practice vet medicine in the USA. She can get a specialized Visa and probably will. Far easier than trying to deal with humans i.e. potential husbands if this thread is any indication. Reading comprehension most definitely needs to be added to the criteria.

Meren is looking for a husband. She wants a man who wants to be a husband.

I totally understand this. I was the exact same way. I married a man who had the same interests as I, and we married to be able to work together. We never had a date. It was a wonderful 19 years and I loved him deeply. Unfortunately he had a severe mid-life crisis and ran off with a married woman. Of course that was a disaster and he divorced her.

I'm too old to try again but if I did, it would be this same way, writing out criteria and wanting to attract a man with the same special interests as me.

So I totally understand Meren even though she is of a far higher social calibre than me and is in a very specialized field. But I understand the desire to share a life with a man who has the same interest and wants to share the work with joy and enthusiasm and wonderful times.