Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

eternalhunterx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 May 2015, 8:58 pm

Hey guys. Here's something I'm hoping some can help me process in my head. Maybe you have some ideas. I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for the past 10 months. I love him very much, and he loves me. We're very good together, and very long-term oriented. Because of my Asperger's, I also deal with bouts of anxiety that I'm currently on medication for, but sometimes it rears its ugly head. He knows about both of those things, and while he is neurotypical, always strives to understand me. The issue I have is this: he likes to drink. Not to the point of getting blackout drunk, but he drinks and gets really drunk. Last night he didn't tell me, but I knew the whole time. Whenever I find out he's been drinking, I get upset. I get very quiet, don't talk to him much throughout the day. I'm just trying to figure out why knowing he's been drinking makes me very upset. I'm not angry, I know he has the right to do what he wants. I just get an overwhelming depression and then it goes away. Any ideas guys?

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 9:16 pm

Did anyone you knew from your past drink?

What do you think about drinking in general?

What are the things in your head when he drinks?

What do you wish he was doing instead during his drinking nights?

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well