Define "nice girl" and "alpha girl"

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 8:41 am

I think we need some balance here, so I'll start a thread about alpha females, and what characterize them.

Just to be consistent, here is how I define them:

Nice girl - a girl that adores guys and makes her best to keep her relationships and make them work.

Alpha girl - a spoiled girl that expects constant compliments and expensive presents. Typically serial-dates and never commits to anything or anybody.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 9:38 am

Everyone I have conversed with uses the word "alpha" to mean "natural leader".

My daughter's toddler teachers classified her as both the "alpha" and "nice".

In fact, they were thankful that she was the alpha because apparently she used her "power" for good--she made sure everyone in her class had what they needed. Only then was she happy.

Her teachers admitted this was unusual and typically the alphas use their power to fulfill their own desires only.

...but she does genuinely seem to be one of the most popular kids wherever she goes. Ever since she started school, I've had lots of parents tell me how my daughter is their child's best friend...yet, my daughter has never mentioned most of these children ever.

Anyway, my definitions:

Alpha - leader, can hold a variety of personality traits

Nice - wants others to be happy

...and it's 100% possible for both to occur in the same person.

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 9:51 am

That's easy:

"Terms that people use to describe other people which indicate that they know squat about primate behavior, and haven't so much as smelled any actual research by qualified individuals in the field of non-human ethology let alone read any of it."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 10:40 am

Just to be fair and consistent with most of the negative definitions of the term "nice guy" that I see on here. It's female counterpart should probably mean something like:

"A girl who claims to be attracted towards nice easygoing guys in order to make herself appear sweet and vulnernable".

TheAbyssStaresBack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2015, 12:53 pm

Men and women aren't the same, and there is a double standard. There is no such thing as "nice girl". Men are attracted to women who do nice things for them. Same way no one cares if a man is a slut.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 1:40 pm

screen_name wrote:
Everyone I have conversed with uses the word "alpha" to mean "natural leader".

In that case alpha would have nothing to do with attractiveness, which have been claimed in the male thread.

Besides, "leader" is a NT concept, so that would redefine the whole thing to "NT only".

In primates, the alpha couple is the "top" male and female in a group. The alpha male is typically an aggressor that uses violence to get and uphold his position, while the alpha female might have her position because of descent or attractiveness. Since humans are primates, I doubt it is very different in humans.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 5:04 pm

rdos wrote:

In primates, the alpha couple is the "top" male and female in a group. The alpha male is typically an aggressor that uses violence to get and uphold his position, while the alpha female might have her position because of descent or attractiveness. Since humans are primates, I doubt it is very different in humans.

Oh for Christ's sake.....no...nevermind. :roll:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2015, 5:12 pm

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking for the actual, literal definitions of "Alpha Girl" and "Nice Girl"? Or are you asking for the female equivalent of the "Nice Guy" and "Alpha Male" tropes?

If it's latter, then I'll just say there's no such thing as a "Nice Girl". Being gentle and nice is actually an attractive trait in women. No, the female equivalent of the "Nice Guy" is the "Career Woman". :lol:

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 5:55 pm

rdos wrote:
I think we need some balance here, so I'll start a thread about alpha females, and what characterize them.

Nice girl - a girl that adores guys and makes her best to keep her relationships and make them work.

Alpha girl - a spoiled girl that expects constant compliments and expensive presents. Typically serial-dates and never commits to anything or anybody.

yeah nice girls dont exist anymore. its more alpha girls in the world. girls lie about their niceness and alphas lie about their spoiledness went south and made their own life. there are more indepth to things than make assumptions that nice girls adore.

Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2015, 7:28 pm

rdos wrote:

Nice Girls, are my thing but they are getting more of a somewhat rare species.....
Today's thing is Alpha girls, trying to present themselves, as nice girls.

What are we coming to?

Proudly South African <3

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 2:48 am

Gauldoth wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking for the actual, literal definitions of "Alpha Girl" and "Nice Girl"? Or are you asking for the female equivalent of the "Nice Guy" and "Alpha Male" tropes?

I defined "nice guy" in the other thread, and it is not the White Knight equivalent, rather the true nice guys.

Gauldoth wrote:
If it's latter, then I'll just say there's no such thing as a "Nice Girl". Being gentle and nice is actually an attractive trait in women. No, the female equivalent of the "Nice Guy" is the "Career Woman". :lol:

If you use the derogatory meaning of "Nice Guy", then you probably are right.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 2:52 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
That's easy:

"Terms that people use to describe other people which indicate that they know squat about primate behavior, and haven't so much as smelled any actual research by qualified individuals in the field of non-human ethology let alone read any of it."

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 2:54 am

autismthinker21 wrote:
yeah nice girls dont exist anymore.

Paul92 wrote:
Nice Girls, are my thing but they are getting more of a somewhat rare species.....

I know a few truly nice girls, but I agree they are rare.

Paul92 wrote:
Today's thing is Alpha girls, trying to present themselves, as nice girls.

Kind of similar as White Knights trying to present themselves as nice guys. White Knights are really want-to-be Alpha males.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 3:00 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
rdos wrote:

Oh for Christ's sake.....no...nevermind. :roll:

Reference:
http://www.janegoodall.ca/about-chimp-b ... zation.php

Quote:
Within a chimp community, a male hierarchy, ordered more or less in linear fashion, establishes social standing, with one male at the top or "alpha" position. All adult males dominate all females, although females have their own hierarchy, albeit much less straightforward.

Age is a deciding factor in male dominance hierarchies - the alpha-male is usually between the age of 20 and 26. Other factors that determine dominance and social status are physical fitness, aggressiveness, skill at fighting, ability to form coalitions, intelligence, and other personality traits. Status is either maintained or changed through communication and social interactions, such as physical competition and grooming.

What's wrong with my summary of it?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 3:05 am

TheAbyssStaresBack wrote:
Same way no one cares if a man is a slut.

Ohh, but some do. :mrgreen:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 3:19 am

rdos wrote:

It appears you have formed these definitions from the perspective of a male who has difficulty dating.

As a female, my definition of an alpha girl would be a girl or woman who is popular, pretty, has her life together, and the type of women that models or actors would date.

My definition of a nice girl/woman would be a girl or woman who has strong moral and ethical values, is loyal, and is unconcerned with the superficial aspects of life.