Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 2:15 pm

Now I know a lot of forum members do not believe in God or Christos for that matter, Christos is just the Greek word for Christ and it means "anointed one," as he is a divine emissary of light from the main source to help in the enlightenment of mankind, to enlighten our conscious on the right way to treat each other. He bestows divine mercy and compassion. His goal is to help all who suffer.

What I notice about Christos is, this energy attracts so many people who only want to harm others through judgment, not help them, HARM them and I tell these people over and over, Christos is never about harming but of helping through divine mercy and compassionate service. It's so frustrating seeing how people will twist this energy which is very pure and good into something in which to inflict pain upon others, much like Pilate inflicted pain on those being crucified.

This is why I am posting. As a Christian Gnostic, I feel it is imperative to get this message out. Judge and you will be judged harshly. Serve and you will feel a sense of being saved. Christians focus too much on themselves, not enough on Christos's energy and they feel this whirlwind of judgment.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 5:02 am

Once again ANA do some research. The Messiah or anointed one meant exactly that anointed with oil, it has nothing to do with

Quote:
"anointed one", as he is a divine emissary of light from the main source to help in the enlightenment of mankind, to enlighten our conscious on the right way to treat each other"
your take on Messiah is a much later derivation and very open to conjecture. The Jewish Messiah (which Jesus followers claimed him to be) is that of a saviour/liberator of the people. The messiah is supposed to deliver the Jews from their oppressors. Seeing as the oppressors gave Jesus a criminals death, the Jews then and now quite rightly see him as nothing more than an upstart who was executed. The Messiah was not seen as some sort of ethical/moral/emotional emissary, he is supposed to be a strong arm from the line of David returning the Jews to their rightful place.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 6:26 am

Hey Arthur, I'm sure Ana has done her research as have I. What you say is not in contention, although I'm not sure the Bible was all derived from much later thought. There seem to be two important things to consider here. The first is Jesus was not the kind of Messiah the Jewish rulers wanted. He was not about to overthrow the Romans. Also, they might have feared that he was the actual claimant to the throne. There has been much written about this, although I doubt historians would give such ideas much credit.

The anointing of oil has everything to do with it. It is a figure of the power that Ana speaks of.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 6:58 am

^Most of what you are talking about is all later invention, brought about by the death of Jesus. The understanding of The Messiah in context of the disciples of Jesus before his death was very much in accordance with contemporary Jewish belief. The rest of the nonsense comes later after his execution as a way to explain how the Messiah could have been killed by the very people he was supposed to vanquish. Don't forget Jesus taught that the Son of Man and the apocalypse were about to happen in both his and the disciples lifetimes. Clearly he was wrong and Christians, Gnostic or otherwise, have been muddying the waters ever since.

As to ANA doing her research time will tell, I think I am safe in saying it would be a first.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 7:46 am

I am trying to be honest. When I try a textual analysis of the New Testament I think there are things to be read between the lines. There may also be things not said. I think the reasons should be obvious, but believers of the early times would have known what they were. It is unfortunate that many things have been erased from history. Perhaps we should allow two times for what Jesus said. Paul certainly was not expecting an apocalypse or Second Coming in his own time. There was the finishing off of Israel as a nation and think Masada as an example. The apocalypse we read of in Revelation is an unknown. It describes an earthquake and following tsunami. I think the book was written for believers of all times.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 11:10 am

duplicate

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 24 May 2015, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 11:11 am

duplicate

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 24 May 2015, 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 11:11 am

duplicate

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 24 May 2015, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 11:12 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Once again ANA do some research. The Messiah or anointed one meant exactly that anointed with oil, it has nothing to do with
Quote:
"anointed one", as he is a divine emissary of light from the main source to help in the enlightenment of mankind, to enlighten our conscious on the right way to treat each other"
your take on Messiah is a much later derivation and very open to conjecture. The Jewish Messiah (which Jesus followers claimed him to be) is that of a saviour/liberator of the people. The messiah is supposed to deliver the Jews from their oppressors. Seeing as the oppressors gave Jesus a criminals death, the Jews then and now quite rightly see him as nothing more than an upstart who was executed. The Messiah was not seen as some sort of ethical/moral/emotional emissary, he is supposed to be a strong arm from the line of David returning the Jews to their rightful place.

Do me a favor. Go back and research Gnosticism because until you do, you won't know what I am talking about. Thank you.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 11:27 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
^Most of what you are talking about is all later invention, brought about by the death of Jesus. The understanding of The Messiah in context of the disciples of Jesus before his death was very much in accordance with contemporary Jewish belief. The rest of the nonsense comes later after his execution as a way to explain how the Messiah could have been killed by the very people he was supposed to vanquish. Don't forget Jesus taught that the Son of Man and the apocalypse were about to happen in both his and the disciples lifetimes. Clearly he was wrong and Christians, Gnostic or otherwise, have been muddying the waters ever since.

As to ANA doing her research time will tell, I think I am safe in saying it would be a first.

There's not any proof He is an actual living person, Arthur. We only have what is available to us in written, most likely revised, form. We don't even have an actual picture of the Christos. What you are saying is based on the assumption Jesus was one man who was crucified but there simply isn't any proof he is. So how can you determine gnosticism is just feeble attempts to understand why a God was crucified when in actuality, every single Gospel was written many years after he was crucified, if he was, in fact, crucified.

So nice try.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 11:32 am

This is why I choose to treat Christos as an Energy because as far as I know, that's what he is. This is all my senses can tell me about him so far, until someone shows me more evidence he actually existed in human form.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 12:56 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Do me a favor. Go back and research Gnosticism because until you do, you won't know what I am talking about. Thank you.

Oh but I do have a basic grasp of Gnosticism, and knowing that you follow this particular form of nonsense helps me understand why you are so attached to bizarre concepts to explain natural events.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 12:58 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
[quote="ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo"

Oh but I do have a basic grasp of Gnosticism, and knowing that you follow this particular form of nonsense helps me understand why you are so attached to bizarre concepts to explain natural events.[/quote]

If you do have a basic grasp of it you know The Annointed is an Aeon of the Divine Light which is just fancy mumbo jumbo for describing energy states, how we as humans access them and what we choose to do with them.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 1:03 pm

Here's something for everyone to consider. I read, supposedly, crucifixion was never associated with Christianity UNTIL the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. Then suddenly, it was all about crucifixion. Hadn't been before.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 1:16 pm

^ :D :lol: :roll:
You simply have to be kidding.

What was decided at the First council was not the bloody crucifixion, that had been around since the earliest stories, it was the row between Alexander and Arius that was the main issue. What resulted was the concept of the Trinity Once again you prove yourself to be a product of thought bubbles. DO some research, the history of the early Christians (gnostics included) is fascinating.

And just for a heads up, from memory, the earliest attestation of the life and death of Jesus comes from Paul less than three years after his death.

Last edited by DentArthurDent on 24 May 2015, 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 1:19 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
^ :D :lol: :roll:
You simply have to be kidding.

And just for a heads up, from memory the earliest attestation of the life and death of Jesus comes from Paul less than three years after his death.

Like I said knowing that you consider yourself a Gnostic explains so much

There really isn't much orthodoxy until May of 325. Don't you find it incredibly strange? Before there was some proto orthodoxy. Before this Council occurred, there were so much info and sects. The vast majority were labeled as heretics by the Council. It's dubious at best, anything the Council maintains. They were just trying to establish themselves as the only source and stamp out everyone else. That's suspicious in itself.