Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2015, 4:04 pm

I have worked on and off with this girl for nearly a year . I sent her a FB message asking if she'd like to go for a drink sometime and it's been opened and read but no reply. I recently saw her at work and she was telling me about her other job and catching up really . She told me she felt lonely sometimes with nothing to do and went for a walk by herself in the park and enjoyed it .
Thoughts on this ? ( maybe I just overthink everything )

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 5:05 pm

accountinglad wrote:
Is She Into Me ?
How should we know? Ask HER!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 6:04 pm

Have you considered asking her if she got your message? I know you can tell, but, still, it is a way to start a conversation on the topic.
"Did you get my message about maybe having a drink sometime?"
"How do you feel about the suggestion?"
"If you don't know what to read into my invitation, just tell me what you would like to or not like to read into it."
"I don't read social cues well, so I do need people to be direct with me."
"I enjoy working with you and talking with you. Do you think there could be more there?"

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2015, 1:04 pm

Still sidnt have the balls to ask her out

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 9:53 pm

accountinglad wrote:
Still sidnt have the balls to ask her out

And that's why you don't deserve an answer yet. If you're still unsure, grow a pair and just get it over with and ask her.

IMO it doesn't sound all that promising. Most often no answer is an answer... and that answer is no. People are just "too polite," and don't like saying no to others so they just ignore the question entirely as their answer.

But, you never know, it's not a 100% sure thing that the answer is no.. so if you really want to know for sure, just ask her already.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 12:01 am

accountinglad wrote:
I have worked on and off with this girl for nearly a year . I sent her a FB message asking if she'd like to go for a drink sometime and it's been opened and read but no reply. I recently saw her at work and she was telling me about her other job and catching up really . She told me she felt lonely sometimes with nothing to do and went for a walk by herself in the park and enjoyed it .

I can't be 100% sure, but when she said she felt lonely and went for a walk by her self, she was either hinting to you that she was single, and might be open to hanging out with you, or she's just not looking for anyone right now. It might be worth a shot...

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 9:33 am

accountinglad wrote:

Yes, you are definitely overthinking this one. She practically served you a meatball and all you had to do was make contact (assuming you understand the baseball analogy). Why on Earth would you facebook message someone you work with anyway?

NikolaLeon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2015, 11:14 am

I am personally way more comfortable with texting than expressing myself verbally.
@OP- Most of the NT girls do like awkward type of people like us. Narrowing it down, you get a little number of girls that will take whole thing serious. Most of them stay on "he is so cute". Narrowing it even more, you get even tinier number of girls that actually understands you on long term due to changing their way how they think about you. That often goes on that famous one "he is not relationship material" "might as well let it fade away". I was always saying, good one will feel that you want to come closer to her and eventually she will text you in return. Hope everything goes well for you.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2015, 12:08 pm

Sent her a fb message as i didnt see her for a while and i feel more comftable that way as there is less awkwardness . next time i see her on saturday i'm just going to take the plunge and tell her i like her and ask her out for a drink

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm

How can you tell if someone has read a sent message on Facebook, just out of curiosity.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 1:13 am

VegetableMan wrote:
How can you tell if someone has read a sent message on Facebook, just out of curiosity.

A small tick and the word 'Seen at (X time)' appears at the bottom of the message.

Anyway, OP:

Best you talk to her some more, if she mentions feeling 'lonely' again to you, ask her if you can buy her a coffee sometime or even if she likes going for walks in the park, ask if you can join her. Good luck.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 2:09 am

Quote:
She told me she felt lonely sometimes with nothing to do and went for a walk by herself in the park and enjoyed it .

I would have responded to this right away: "My drink invitation is still open, you know" -

then she would react - "what invitation?" pretending she hasn't read or remember your fb message. (girls are so predictable, 99% react the same way to the same cues.)

Then you would tell her about the message you sent and tell her "didn't you receive it?", but pretend that you haven't seen the Seen mark - otherwise you would appear that you give her too much value in your life already and you don't want that nor she would like it.

Try this next time if she tells you about her loneliness.

I personally find it very odd when a girl who has READ your drink invitation and ignored it yet in another day she tells you how lonely she feels and single knowing that you like her and invited her before.

She's either has serious memory loss issues or lack of comprehension, or she's playing a game: either playing you for a fool Or she's "testing your confidence" and wanting you to ask her out directly like a ''real man".

Women and their games...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 6:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
She told me she felt lonely sometimes with nothing to do and went for a walk by herself in the park and enjoyed it .

I would have responded to this right away: "My drink invitation is still open, you know" -

then she would react - "what invitation?" pretending she hasn't read or remember your fb message. (girls are so predictable, 99% react the same way to the same cues.)

Then you would tell her about the message you sent and tell her "didn't you receive it?", but pretend that you haven't seen the Seen mark - otherwise you would appear that you give her too much value in your life already and you don't want that nor she would like it.

I personally find it very odd when a girl who has READ your drink invitation and ignored it yet in another day she tells you how lonely she feels and single knowing that you like her and invited her before.

She's either has serious memory loss issues or lack of comprehension, or she's playing a game: either playing you for a fool Or she's "testing your confidence" and wanting you to ask her out directly like a ''real man".

Women and their games...

...or she's already friend zoned him.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 7:27 am

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

Women and their games...

...or she's already friend zoned him.

Which is equal to playing him for a fool, because she's totally aware that he doesn't see her just as a friend.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 8:55 am

Ah, alright. I went back and looked at some old FB messages and I see that now. Thanks for the information.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2015, 2:56 pm

No her message hasn't been marked as read but it could have been read on lock screen or drop down notifications