Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2015, 4:37 pm

Hello. I love God, and so are the other Aspies. God is great. He is watching over us and doesn't like sins and negativity. Anyone who doesn't believe in God does not get it.

Any comments?

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 5:27 pm

Saying it with a song ...

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 6:11 pm

^ +1

And then of course there is this excellent rebuttal to all the various iterations similar to the post by the OP

RichardDawkins wrote:
“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

It is clear to me that it is the the OP and all their fellow believers who are the ones "who don't get it"

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 6:26 pm

queensamaria wrote:
Hello. I love God, and so are the other Aspies. God is great. He is watching over us and doesn't like sins and negativity. Anyone who doesn't believe in God does not get it.

Any comments?

I agree. C.S. Lewis was an atheist who didn't "get it" until he rejoined the Church of England (with some prodding by his friend, J.R.R. Tolkien). At that point, he really got it. I believe that his The Screwtape Letters was very good, and funny.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 6:38 pm

queensamaria wrote:
Hello. I love God, and so are the other Aspies. God is great. He is watching over us and doesn't like sins and negativity. Anyone who doesn't believe in God does not get it. Any comments?
Nice chip. Does your shoulder hurt?

Considering that many Atheists have studied the Bible more deeply than as many Christians, it is safe to say that both groups "get it", just in different ways.

For the record, I am a Theist - I just hate religion, that's all.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 10:28 pm

queensamaria wrote:

Any comments?
Yair. I'll comment.

This place is crawling with fanatical egomaniacs who flatly refuse to consider any kind of Supreme Being Who will not do as they demand.

They cannot (will not) comprehend that there might be a plan that is beyond their tiny minds.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 4:51 am

PPR rules state:

Quote:
While it is acceptable to attack and debate beliefs (political, religious etc) it is not acceptable to make generalised attacks on the adherents of those beliefs.

viewtopic.php?t=204613

Therefore this thread is being locked.