Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 8:26 am

naturalplastic wrote:
There's Micheal's, and there is A.C. Moore's. Don't they sell the same stuff as Hobby Lobby?

It seems that way but HL is actually in a different league than Michael's. It's a lot better.

Not sure what A.C. Moore is like since we don't have those where I live.

I was in a class with a couple of people from the HL family so I have actually met two of the immediate family and I am disappointed at this revelation. Had no idea they were any more than a religious family with a lot of kids which is not what I am criticizing. It's the right to do what you choose to...as in have kids or not, which is nobody's business but yours. This is another reason I am so disillusioned.

And while we should all have that right, it pays to be cognizant of certain realities. We all know the chances of most people landing a lucrative income just because they have an army of kids is not realistic so it's good to plan what you can realistically deal with but the far right are painting this rosy picture on it like it's a breeze to have more children than you can handle but it will lead to hardship, difficulty and trauma for the vast majority of people and they need to know the realities instead of being sold this idyllic utopia of family togetherness where everyone gets along, there's always plenty of money and room, it's so easy and affordable to take a family of say, fifteen kids on an expensive trip. That is not the reality for so many people, just for the few. So, there's a good chance of getting in over your head and being overwhelmed later and I would tell people of this because I know from my own family what it's like to be poor with a lot of kids and I feel like I should tell people this since they are not hearing about the difficulties, they are being covered up.