Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

charge
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2007, 9:42 pm

It's favourable to find out sooner rather than later.

By the way,
I don't have AS myself, but have a good friend who has it, which led me to this website. He is a great guy, but has some kind of concentration/motivation problem. It's very hard for him to complete complex tasks even though he is very intelligent. Is this typical, what exactly causes it, and is there anything one can do about it?

xboxboy247
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2007, 9:56 pm

BeyondInfinity wrote:
Anybody here ever find that they were completely taken advantage of by someone posing as a friend? I have just finaly realized that people I thought were my friends were really just manipulative a-holes who really didn't care for me, they were just using me to their advantage. I find that because of my AS I can be easy to take advantage of and not notice for the longest time... I feel like I just should never trust anyone again, or never be generous or expect any reciprocity. how can NTs be huge jerks and not even care?

I see why you are afraid to trust people again. One day, you'll meet a group of people , AS or none, that will accept you for who you are and they will love the hell out of you until the end of time.

Personally, NT's will never understand what we go through, nor will they ever.
We're here for you.

Like discussing Film and Writing?
Go here! http://fwc.eamped.com/

Save The Internet! It's not going to save itself!
http://www.savetheinternet.com/

Jimbogf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2007, 8:34 pm

Yes, lots of times, especially when I was teen. They stole from me, made me do things I didn't want to do. When I was a teen I was desperate for friends, so I was an easy target. I never defended myself and was too trusting.

I am weak, in a world full of animals. Animals take from the weak to grow strength and to better ensure their own survival and dominance.

Last edited by Jimbogf on 02 May 2007, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2007, 9:08 am

Yep, I used to be extremely paranoid. Though when I look back, it's pretty clear I was the only one being manipulative. Eitherway, I must have rejected at least fifteen or so girls out of paranoia alone.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 2:33 pm

It is just too easy for a predatory person to take advantage.
At school a boy befriended me manipulated me into involving me in all kinds trouble and when things came on top guess who carried the can.