Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

scott
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2007, 7:11 pm

I can run fast for short period of times but I have low Endurance so after that I quickly run slower.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2007, 7:14 pm

I used to run very fast as a child, but now I can't run at all. I do have a great deal of endurance for walking, however.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2007, 7:21 pm

I think I walk in a good speed, not to quickly, but not slow. About running, I am the slowest runner on earth, not to mention after a few seconds I get very exausted, and I am not fat

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2007, 7:28 pm

Roger Bannister noted, in his autobiography, The Four Minute Mile, that it was easier for him to run as a child than to walk. He said he had an awkward, ungainly walk, like he had springs in his knees.

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2007, 7:13 am

No, I'm physically fast for the most part... actually, that's one of the things I'm very proud of... I run and walk faster than most people and my mom says I'll have gastronomical problems if I don't try to eat slower. My speech has normal speed, though...

Ceryni
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2007, 7:16 am

I’ve always been fairly fit, i’ve done two martial arts, I came close to reaching a black belt in the first but then stopped because I wanted something a bit more fighting orientated, something that would be more use to me if i’m just attacked so I started doing Kickboxing which may have helped keep me fairly fit.
I’m quite good at a few sports like football or basketball, although sometimes in the action I can’t tell if my teammates are trying to trick the opposing team ‘and’ hint to me to do something, so unless there’s obvious team tactics I end up looking like an idiot in spite of actually being quite agile and quick.
As for running? I run slightly faster than the average person, it’s not going to win me a sports-day event but it’s not bad.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 7:38 am

I find it very alien when people are slow. I cannot walk slowly without feeling like i'm in slow motion. I cannot eat slowly without feeling like i'm in slow motion, either.

This guy st work is so bloody slow I want to grab his hand and do it for him.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 9:49 am

I eat slowly because I got an upset stomach if I eat too fast.

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 10:32 am

JonnyBGoode wrote:
Are you slow? Not meaning mentally, but physically?

I've been compared to a snail and a turtle. I can never run or jog far... it hurts my knees and I quickly get out of breath. And I just don't have the gait for it. (I've noticed my bones are different than NT's... my thighs are much shorter, among other things.)

But more than that, I've always been slow. I'm never in a hurry, and never can get in a hurry. As people often remark, "You only have one speed..." Sometimes people say that watching me is like watching someone in slow motion.

Anyone else like that? Is it an Aspie thing... or is it just me?

I am very very very slow unless I make an effort not to be. I'm not as bad as I was when I was a kid. When I was about ten years old, it would literally take me twenty minutes to get my shoes on. Minimum. My parents still talk about it like it was overwhelmingly frustrating.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 11:25 am

There was a time when I regularly walked at a speed that outpaced the people that I was with. Over time, I seemed to lose speed. I noticed recently, that if I lowered my head towards the ground so that I couldn't see people's eyes I could move much faster. I tend to slow up also when I become overwhelmed by light or noise, or am overcrowded.

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2007, 11:50 am

I was on my high school's varsity cross-country and track teams my freshman year. I've since given up cross-country but still run mid-distance in track fairly well. So I guess my answer to your question is "no." I also find I have an insatiable urge to run anywhere and everywhere. If I forget my books for a class at school, I'll actually dash as fast as I can to my locker and back, hurdling over anything that stands in my way. I'm sure that urge is an Aspie thing, but I'm not going to be suppressing it any time soon.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 Apr 2007, 4:51 pm

nope i'm just akward, i have terrible balance all over my body hah

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2007, 5:06 pm

i'm usually hyperfast. i usually feel i have to get everything done yesterday and have to be everywhere an hour ago. i walk fast, can run fast, sometimes talk too fast but alot of times don't talk much and am busy doing, and usually work at hyperspeed. this is most of the time, but then I hit times when I'm the complete opposite and I'm very slow and do nothing, get nothing done and am completely lost in my head. It's like every so often I get stuck for a while. (even though my brain is still ALWAYS moving at hyperspeed - that NEVER STOPS) It's like I only have 2 speeds, each in the extreme. I'm either "ON" or "OFF". Is anyone else like that??

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 6:31 pm

Sopho_soph wrote:
I always worry I'm going to be late

Same; at university I have my timetable on my pda, in my paper diary, on two seperate pieces of paper in my file and I am constantly checking them and my three time sources (watch, pda, phone).

The funny thing is that I know my timetable off by heart anyway.

Sivad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2007, 6:43 pm

That's the unnofficial reason I lost my job.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 6:52 pm

JakeG wrote:
Sopho_soph wrote:
I always worry I'm going to be late

Same; at university I have my timetable on my pda, in my paper diary, on two seperate pieces of paper in my file and I am constantly checking them and my three time sources (watch, pda, phone).

The funny thing is that I know my timetable off by heart anyway.

I'm the same, I've known my timetable for months, but up until a couple of weeks ago I was checking it every time I had to go somewhere else, then I'd write the room number on my hand because I'd worry I'd forget it between leaving the lecture and getting to the other room lol
I'm usually the first there though :roll: