What are you supposed to say when someone says SUP

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 12:21 pm

You can say absolutely anything you want if someone says rather ridiculously sup. You may say tup, because sup is rather rude and disrespectfull. You may even make something up and go like youwoo said in a quizical fashion.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 12:25 pm

I always got the impression replying back with a simple "nothing" was considered rude as if you were rebuffing them. So I say "good how are you" or "hi there". Its just part of the NT monkey dance thing where its meaningless conversation that is required by them to fit in. I know for sure you are not suppose to answer back and really tell them how your life is going or what good or bad thing happened to you that day. A coworker asked me about how my vacation went yesterday and I shouldn't have went into this rant of getting stuck in an airport for 16 hours due to cancelled flights and how the weather sucked when I got there. I forgot that was an extention of the NT dance and you're suppose to say your vacation was great even if things sucked about it. You are not suppose to be honest to NT's in conversation unless its with someone you are dating, married to or are your parents and they ask you direct questions.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 12:56 pm

Hale, just give em a sly smile like your telling a dry joke and say "Everything's slick-fiddy yo" (Slick 50 like the engine oil-additive). I say that because, coming out of an uber-white blond (whether that's true or even just true on first glance) people would be in hysterics and I think you'd make a new friend every time you said it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 1:03 pm

Oh yeah, and your kiwi accent would be icing on the cake.