Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 10:05 am

Grimbling wrote:
TellerStar wrote:
What do your families say when you eat one food at a time because mine goes crazy and gets angry at me.

As long as you're eating your food, and not starving yourself or splattering it up the walls or snatching it off other people's plates, it's nobody's business in what order you eat the components of your meal. My father always does this - he's from eastern Europe, and when he was a kid, that was the accepted way everyone ate.

I'm still a REALLY picky eater - I can't handle things like green beans, for instance. So, if I'm having tea at Mum's place, and she's serving green beans, I know she'll be hurt if I don't eat them. So I'll take some mashed potato, put in in my mouth, then before I swallow I'll get some beans and pop them in too, and then swallow the lot in one go - that way I don't have to taste or feel the texture of the beans. It sounds kinda gross, but if you're subtle, and don't make the mouthfulls too big, they won't notice.

I used to do that when I was studying in Spain. I was living in a homestay, and the woman I lived with would sometimes cook things I didn't like. I didn't want to be rude, so I would just swallow whatever I didn't like as quickly as possible without chewing.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 10:19 am

TellerStar wrote:
What do your families say when you eat one food at a time because mine goes crazy and gets angry at me.

My father used to hate the way I eat, and not only the habit of eating one thing each time, but all my way of eating. The lunch time used to be a great nightmare for me, that I always tryed to avoid, but in vain
For today I think this kind of idiossincrasies are only our own business, but I don't know how kids can deal with it.

TellerStar
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2007, 4:11 pm

Neuromancer wrote:
TellerStar wrote:

My father used to hate the way I eat, and not only the habit of eating one thing each time, but all my way of eating. The lunch time used to be a great nightmare for me, that I always tryed to avoid, but in vain
For today I think this kind of idiossincrasies are only our own business, but I don't know how kids can deal with it.

Yep things are easier being a bit older. I still feel quite self conscious with my family though sometimes due to some of the routines I have.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 4:33 pm

I go through stages.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 6:39 pm

TellerStar wrote:
Yep things are easier being a bit older. I still feel quite self conscious with my family though sometimes due to some of the routines I have.

Seem to me, by your writen words, that you know how to behave at a mature way, although, even knowing , many kids continue behaving home as they used to do before. This suggests me, that perhaps, you could hava a mature talk to your parents explaining them your situation; things get easier being older, partially due to such behaviours.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 1:55 pm

Grim wrote:
I like cheese, i am quite fussy. Sometimes I do not eat for a few days because I am unhappy, sometimes I eat lots of cheese for a few days because I am unhappy. :?

cheese is my chocolate. sugar sucks. stilton kicks some A. chocolate blows. Cheddar is better. screw regular desserts and give me some gouda.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

30 Apr 2007, 2:40 pm

I am obsessed with chewy stuff like those reisen candies, twizzlers, tootsie rolls, gum, well done steak etc. . .

I need a chew toy.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 12:14 pm

agentcyclosarin wrote:
I go through stages.

i do the same.
And I think you are very organic! :D