Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2007, 1:32 pm

when I was a kid at mac&cheese everyday lol

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 3:43 pm

I grew up in a home of good food - the only proviso was I had to eat what I was given otherwise I wouldn't get anything (or I would have to eat what I had left at the next meal). I did go through stages of not likeing cottage cheese or philidelphia but know I like philly now.
I guess now, I only avoid shellfish since I beleive myself allergic :)

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2007, 6:49 pm

I eat cheese pizza almost everyday, for at least one meal. I'm a really picky eater too.

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 2:51 am

I can't stand fruit, I always associate it with rotting fruit for some reason! I also hate tomato (exept for sundried, tomato sauce (ketchup) and tomato paste), spicy food, pumpkin, maionnaise, salad, salad dressing, nuts (exept pistacio), peanut butter (exept in tiny amounts), pure whipped cream, anything that's too rich or too sweet, anything too oily, anything too salty, and any meat product (including poultry or fish). I will eat just about anything else.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 3:19 am

For me, some days I'll eat a ton for my size (18 years old, 5'3" and 92 lbs.) and other days I'll eat next to nothing at all. I seem to be in that mode for the last two weeks now. I guess it's the change in weather or something causing me not to want to eat much. I'll be hungry, I'll take one bite, and I'm full the rest of the day. 8O And right now I have the flu (grr...), so I don't even want to eat anything. And I think I may be losing weight. Plus I have an intensely high metabolism so whenever I do eat, it's really hard for me to gain weight in the first place. Yeah, I know, it sounds like I'm complaining over nothing...

I've always been really picky when it comes to eating certain foods. For instance, I hate chocolate, I've never been really big on sweets, I love meat (except for ham and liver), I don't like any vegetables (except dry spinach leaves in salad and green olives), I'll only eat a select amount of fruits, I'm not keen on cheese, I like hotdogs but not corndogs, I like hamburgers but not cheeseburgers, I like chicken strips with ranch sauce and not honey mustard, and so on and so forth. See what I mean?

Also, I've been pretty much raised on fastfood since my mom hates to cook. I've seriously eaten McDonald's nearly every day of my life since I was six! Another reason I probably haven't gained weight from all that exposure is because I limit my intake. Give me six Chicken McNuggets and a small water and I'll be fine.

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2007, 7:22 am

I like cheese, i am quite fussy. Sometimes I do not eat for a few days because I am unhappy, sometimes I eat lots of cheese for a few days because I am unhappy. :?

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 8:02 am

^^^ did you know, cheese containts 10 times the 'feel good' chemicals in chocolate :)
It would explain, why sometimes I have been known to eat rather large blocks of cheese.

Kellaway225
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2007, 10:00 am

Lightning88 wrote:
For me, some days I'll eat a ton for my size (18 years old, 5'3" and 92 lbs.) and other days I'll eat next to nothing at all.

im like that to one day ill eat LOADS the next day i might not eat anything

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2007, 12:00 pm

I don't like sugar much or anything very sweet at all.

Other than chocolate: chocolate and I will be together forever.

Chocolate: I love you!

lol

cheese: i love it too but not as much as chocolate.

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2007, 12:12 pm

I always have to eat certain things on certain days, otherwise it throws me off routine.

Today was Fish and Chips for lunch, and tea will be in the shape of a Beef sandwich with a good spoonful of Apple sauce (yes, I know that's meant to be with Pork...). That is my consumption every Thursday unless it's absolutely impossible.

jfberge
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 1:18 pm

I have a few peculiarities. For one, I generally eat the same thing at the same time every day. For the last few months, this has been a bagel/turkey sandwich at 1PM, and a fried chicken breast at 6:30PM. For a snack, it's a piece of wheat toast with "natural" (ground peanuts with nothing added) chunky peanut butter. I'll eat the same thing for about 4 months, and then switch to something else.

As for the food itself, I don't like mushy foods, and I'm particular about flavors. I really enjoy foods with a crunchy, granular texture. This means I prefer coarse breads over white, corn chips over potato, etc. Texture is as important as taste. I don't like creamy things. I dislike most vegetables.

Lastly, I always eat my foods one at a time, and then drink whatever drink I'm having. If I go to a buffet and get 4 items and a water, I'll eat the hottest item first, then the next hottest, etc, and when I'm done I drink. I hate mixing foods.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 6:18 pm

I agree, texture for me is as important as, if not more important than, taste. I don't have too many problems with individual textures, but I don't like having more than one texture in my mouth at the same time. This means I often end up scraping off sauces, I peel the skin off of fried chicken, and if you hand me a dish made up of a bunch of different foods (like stir-fry), it will take me ages to eat, because I have to kind of pick through it a bit at a time (chicken with chicken, peas with peas, etc.). I have a lot of problems with certain soups, too. Also, I think I stim on food, because if a food has a texture I like, I totally use my tongue to rub it all around inside my mouth, and underneath my tongue too. Kind of gross, I know.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 6:49 pm

Everything I eat cant have a strong flavor and it cant be hard or really crunchy (lays potato chips are ok but ruffles arent).

Foods texture is usually most important. I love peanuts but peanut butter makes me gag I dont really like potato chips but I cant eat a sandwich unless it has chips on it shrimp has to be thawed before cooking or the outside is too tough in comparison to the center weird things like that.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 2:22 pm

[quote="jfberge"]
As for the food itself, I don't like mushy foods, and I'm particular about flavors. I really enjoy foods with a crunchy, granular texture. This means I prefer coarse breads over white, corn chips over potato, etc. Texture is as important as taste. I don't like creamy things. I dislike most vegetables.
[quote]
In fact I think texture is very much more important than taste. I used to eat very feel itens until I was 17, than I tryed desperately to diverse my food, and I achieve it. Even though, I stil like few boiled things, and few meats, specially its fats, that causes a very bad sensation when the tongue touches in it.
Now I'm eating a lot of fruits, that I love, and felt it incredibly wealthy, it is really great, we can really feel how good is it.
(do anybody know where to find Aspergers text defining the syndrome?)

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 4:20 pm

General discussion: "Eating the same foods all the time, aspie trait or not ?"
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... highlight=
That's a recent thread on similar matter.
I need my food to be consistent. Over time (multiple encounters) and within the single occasion. Of the foods I do eat, each has to be only a certain brand, variety, style, type, flavor-and prepared identically to previous experiences. I don't like categories of food, only specific particular single items within a broad group, that other people might perceive as indistinguishable from one another. I'm NOT a princess-however the threshold at which I notice something "yucky" (taste, smell, etc.) is like that in "The Princess & the Pea".

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 4:32 pm

I don't think I have to eat the same foods all the time, but I think I have a lot higher tolerance for always eating the same food than other people. I'm perfectly happy eating the exact same breakfast and lunch for months on end. For dinner, I usually cook something on the weekend and eat it all week. It's like this with music too. I'll find a song I like, and listen to that one song on repeat for hours every day for months on end. It drove my brother crazy growing up.