Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 4:32 pm

I don't think I have to eat the same foods all the time, but I think I have a lot higher tolerance for always eating the same food than other people. I'm perfectly happy eating the exact same breakfast and lunch for months on end. For dinner, I usually cook something on the weekend and eat it all week. It's like this with music too. I'll find a song I like, and listen to that one song on repeat for hours every day for months on end. It drove my brother crazy growing up.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 4:32 pm

This subject comes up a lot. (No pun intended.) ASpies tend to be VERY picky about what they eat, and the texture of the food is important. I like chili con carne, but have to add a lot of cheese and crackers until it's almost a paste. I also like to mix foods on my plate for texture, but not when we're in a restaurant. It drives the Missus up the wall. When I was a lad, I wanted peanut butter sandwiches for my lunch every day. My mum actually asked a doc about this, he responded that as long as it's healthy, do it. Seems the mum who asked him previously had a son who would only eat crisps sandwiches!! ! I can go days eating the same thing over and over. Some places I frequent for a sandwich know what to fix when they see me in line ! !! "You ever going to order somethin' different?" "Nope"

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 4:51 pm

Quote:
I also like to mix foods on my plate for texture

Im the opposite.. if one type of food is touching another I wont eat that part. I also tend to eat all of one thing before moving on to the next.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 12:28 pm

Fraya wrote:
Quote:

Im the opposite.. if one type of food is touching another I wont eat that part. I also tend to eat all of one thing before moving on to the next.

When I was a kid I used to feel that the food that touched another was dirty, what seems to me now fun, and although I'm eating normally", I prefer the salad first, than hot food, and perhaps another hot food, avoiding excessive mixes.

TellerStar
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2007, 9:56 am

Quote:
I'm the opposite.. if one type of food is touching another I wont eat that part. I also tend to eat all of one thing before moving on to the next.

I did that always when I was younger. And if I'm eating on my own I'm still tempted to do that. But I deliberately don't when I'm eating with the family because they notice and I get in trouble. It just seems wrong to mix separate things like baked beans and carrots. But if a meal is lasagne and everything is already mixed up then that's allowed.

MDH1875
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2007, 11:45 am

Fraya wrote:
Quote:

I'm very much like that as well. If gravy or any kind of sauce or dressing spills over onto some food that it shouldn't, I really hate that.

And I'm very big on eating one thing and moving on to the next. I'd say I do that ninety percent of the time I have a meal.

Also, I have some weird habit when I eat chocolate bars and such. With Twix bars, I actually bite off all the caramel and chococate then eat the cookie (kinda like a drumstick with the cookie part being the bone).

When I eat peanut butter cups, I bite all the chocolate off first, then I eat the peanut butter and when I'm eating M&Ms and Smarties, I bit them in half and try to get the chocolate out, then I eat the shells. I actually hold them in my fist to warm them up so the chocolate will be softer and easier to get out, not to mention the shells will crack better. With chocolate almonds, I put them in my mouth, bite all the chocolate off, then eat the almonds.

TellerStar
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2007, 2:49 pm

What do your families say when you eat one food at a time because mine goes crazy and gets angry at me.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 6:14 pm

I hate most veg, and like most meat/fish/dairy. I can't anything that has a funny taste or odd smell. I'm selective with what I eat.

kfa91
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2007, 6:50 pm

I don't eat pink or purple food. I won't drink pink or purple juice or soda. I won't drink anything out of a pink or purple package. I won't eat anything that has been touched by someone else. The idea of mixing things, like when people mix ice cream, fruit punch, and soda, or just mixing different sodas is revolting. When people take my food, like grabbing a french fry at lunch, I feel like they have contaminated it.

I can't believe I was in denile that I had AS.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Apr 2007, 7:08 pm

I only eat eggs if they flipped over and well cooked or scrambled.
Raw or partly cooked eggs gross me out.

MDH1875
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2007, 10:26 pm

TellerStar wrote:
What do your families say when you eat one food at a time because mine goes crazy and gets angry at me.
I never got any flack over it. I'd say my parents were slightly amused, if anything.

Grimbling
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2007, 10:38 pm

TellerStar wrote:

As long as you're eating your food, and not starving yourself or splattering it up the walls or snatching it off other people's plates, it's nobody's business in what order you eat the components of your meal. My father always does this - he's from eastern Europe, and when he was a kid, that was the accepted way everyone ate.

I'm still a REALLY picky eater - I can't handle things like green beans, for instance. So, if I'm having tea at Mum's place, and she's serving green beans, I know she'll be hurt if I don't eat them. So I'll take some mashed potato, put in in my mouth, then before I swallow I'll get some beans and pop them in too, and then swallow the lot in one go - that way I don't have to taste or feel the texture of the beans. It sounds kinda gross, but if you're subtle, and don't make the mouthfulls too big, they won't notice.

TellerStar
Raven
Raven

26 Apr 2007, 9:43 am

Grimbling wrote:
I'm still a REALLY picky eater - I can't handle things like green beans, for instance. So, if I'm having tea at Mum's place, and she's serving green beans, I know she'll be hurt if I don't eat them. So I'll take some mashed potato, put in in my mouth, then before I swallow I'll get some beans and pop them in too, and then swallow the lot in one go - that way I don't have to taste or feel the texture of the beans. It sounds kinda gross, but if you're subtle, and don't make the mouthfulls too big, they won't notice.

Good way to eat the things you don't like! Actually I'm not fussy at all, but cooking for myself I do always cook the same thing. At home I tend to eat whatever my family cook, but for my snacks I again always have the same thing.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 9:59 am

Fraya wrote:
Quote:

I do that too! I almost wish I had some of those plates for little kids with the dividers. I always eat one thing at a time, and then I'll usually wipe up the area of the plate where it was with a napkin, and then move the next thing over so there's more space between it and the other food on my plate so there's no chance of it touching if it spreads around while I eat it.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 10:03 am

MDH1875 wrote:
Fraya wrote:
Quote:

I'm very much like that as well. If gravy or any kind of sauce or dressing spills over onto some food that it shouldn't, I really hate that.

And I'm very big on eating one thing and moving on to the next. I'd say I do that ninety percent of the time I have a meal.

Also, I have some weird habit when I eat chocolate bars and such. With Twix bars, I actually bite off all the caramel and chococate then eat the cookie (kinda like a drumstick with the cookie part being the bone).

When I eat peanut butter cups, I bite all the chocolate off first, then I eat the peanut butter and when I'm eating M&Ms and Smarties, I bit them in half and try to get the chocolate out, then I eat the shells. I actually hold them in my fist to warm them up so the chocolate will be softer and easier to get out, not to mention the shells will crack better. With chocolate almonds, I put them in my mouth, bite all the chocolate off, then eat the almonds.

My brother always used to laugh at me as a kid because I used to dismantle all my food, too! With Hostess cupcakes, I would peel off the frosting, and eat the chocolate cake bit around the cream in the middle. Then I would eat the cream, then the chocolate part of the frosting, then the white part of the frosting. I used to take everything apart! With things like candy bars, especially Twix, I also eat the different layers separately. Kit-Kats are also good for that. I eat off all the chocolate first, and then eat one layer of wafer at a time, also separating each wafer from the chocolate powder in between layers when possible. I always have to eat them over a paper towel!

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 10:05 am

Grimbling wrote:
TellerStar wrote:

As long as you're eating your food, and not starving yourself or splattering it up the walls or snatching it off other people's plates, it's nobody's business in what order you eat the components of your meal. My father always does this - he's from eastern Europe, and when he was a kid, that was the accepted way everyone ate.

I used to do that when I was studying in Spain. I was living in a homestay, and the woman I lived with would sometimes cook things I didn't like. I didn't want to be rude, so I would just swallow whatever I didn't like as quickly as possible without chewing.