I am starting to hate "techno music"

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bjmax31
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2007, 12:53 am

I use to listen to this lifeless dead end genre all the time!
What was i thinking!! !

well anyway. . . . . .

I am very open to all musical styles
Don't get me wrong I do like electronic music
"jean michel jarre" brian emo"

I can't beleive what i was thinking
I use to listen to TECHNO!! !

Thanks god for prying my mind open!

nitro2k01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2007, 4:05 am

I don't know exactly what you mean with techno, but my opinion is that commercial techno/dance music is killing the electronic scene with mass produced crap. Try listening to some old classic stuff. Anything by Hardfloor, some old prodigy which is more rave music than techno (Look for the albums Experience, Always outnumbered never outgunned) Don't forget Kraftwerk as well.
Hmm, since I'm listening to pretty obscure music, I'm not good at namedropping any more.

bjmax31
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2007, 4:35 am

I was talking about this new stuff
horrid!! !! !! !! !! !! !

I like alot of "electronia" from the 80's 90's
as long as it is not repetitive and is has to
be tasteful.

examples

"pizza man happiness" 1996
"infinity" Guru josh" 1990
"lilly was here" 1990 (this one not exactly electronic the drums are)
"jan hammer crockets theme" 1987?"
"jean michel jarre oxegene part 4" 1976

stuff like this i don't mind

i use to listen to repetitive boring stuff

BigT
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2007, 4:42 am

I just remembered the 'Popcorn song': Pop pop pop pop popop pop, *repeat*...

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 7:23 pm

Depends what you class as "Techno" most people only use it as a term for "dance" music.

bjmax31
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2007, 11:57 pm

Jamie06 wrote:
Depends what you class as "Techno" most people only use it as a term for "dance" music.

When i mean techno

I mean those horrible noises
repetitive notes

I am not talking about trance i can stand that
house as long it is short and sweet
not really big on "dance"
only if it uses at least one live instrument aka (saxaphone)
and has tasteful lyrics

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 1:39 am

Ugh, I hate techno, as well as pop and dance! For my taste in music, I like rock (either punk or alternative) and hip-hop. Everyone I know says it's ironic since I'm supposed to like pop by the way I dress. How weird is that? 8O

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 2:18 am

Try Machinae Supremacy. They restored my faith in new techno music.

Machinae Supremacy Home Page

Go to "Releases" then "Webography" to see all the free music.

I reccomend the Sidology Trilogy first.

miku
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2007, 2:24 am

I shudder when someone says they don't like techno, because who knows what they're talking about? 'Techno' when typically used, could mean just about anything. Heck, I don't even know what techno is. I think it's a term for a more or less specific type of electronic music, but.. wow.. all I know is most people don't usually know exactly what it is.

I know what trance is.. I know what house is.. I know what drums and bass is.. I know what goapsy is.. I know what DRILL and bass is.. I even know what GABBER is (hate it), but... you know.. what is techno anyway?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 2:31 am

yeah, there are lots of genres, aggro, drum n'bass, electro, electronica, dance, ¿fourstep?, etc., and yes, people think "techno" when they really mean dance (which is crap by the way)

Technotronic - Pump, pump the jam, pump it up, pump it, pump it, pump it!
:P

(yeah, I'm that old)

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 5:34 pm

I like electronic music a lot (ambient, easy listening), actually is my favorite kind of music but I don't like "Techno/Dance".

By saying techno you mean all those dance types: House, Trance, Industrial, etc. But probably you were refering mostly to Trance which I agree is very monotone. I don't like all those genres, however there are some euro-pop songs that have a techno feel to it which don't sound bad.

The particular Techno/Dance type of music that I hate the most are the ones from the 90's. They give me headaches!

I hate when the media talks about those genres as the whole electronic music, I have seen shows and magazines that had the titlte "Electronic music" and what I see is about Trance and about DJs only.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 7:02 pm

You really have to get your hands on the good stuff to really have anything. I typically dislike the majority of what's out in most genres but with in certain groups of artists or certain time periods of production I can find something I definitely like. With 'techno', if your actually calling it that by the true subgenre itself, there's a few artists in general who I'll probably always like at least a good percent of what they do - ie. Richie Hawtin (aka. Plastikman), Adam Beyer, Steve Stoll, Glenn Wilson, Chris McCormack, Adam X and Frankie Bones have had their good stuff, Chris Liberator and Dave The Drummer were ill back in 2000, older Mark EG like Techno Transmissions is good, and although I doubt you'll ever get your hands on one of his mix sets (I've really tried) Red Commie Bastard is really pimp s---: I'd classify him as deep acid tech-trance so its got a bit of both dynamics. At a party I had over here a couple months ago one of the guys ended up bringing a whole bag of records he threw down - real dark, acid, glitchy stuff which is what I'm all about. Yeah, I can't listen to it as often as I would jungle but it's got its points where memories from my raver days start to hit me and I want to listen to something that really used to evoke certain emotions that I just don't have the chance to feel off of much of anything these days.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 7:54 pm

Techno is painfully unoriginal ear candy and little else.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

I only listen to a clever, funny or not overly intrusive techno. I always start to feel sick when it becomes too technical (dunno how to call it). You know, the moments when the music starts twisting the ones and squealing and gather on volume and "intensity" of certain sounds. In such cases I always feel like vomiting and must stop listening to it the very second.

Last edited by SoftKitty on 17 Dec 2012, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Dec 2012, 9:42 pm

Techno is the worst form of music next to Country music. Sorry you guys, it is that bad. :?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 10:25 pm

This is a necro thread so I'm not going to worry too much about what I said in 2007.

Regardless I'll put it this way - almost any genre out there has its endorsers and haters. I understand that there are people who will absolutely abhor my favorite genre - dnb, even if I played them the deeper, more intelligent stuff that stokes my fires; its just not their thing. Similarly for techno (which I agree with Nitro2k1's 2007 approach - I hardly know when someone's referring to actual techno or whether they just mean cheap dance music), if they're talking about actual underground, gritty, warehouse stuff odds are they in the most honest sense aren't feeling the genre, OTOH if they call all crap dance music 'techno' then its difficult to tell whether they'd hate legit techno or just have no theory of what that is.

I won't get on a soapbox and preach but rather just call this 'my perspective' and leave it free for agreement or disagreement: Regardless of what I like or dislike I won't say that there's a genre out there that's pure rubbish. Someone might say that but really mean that the angle they were on wasn't good - I get it. At the same time, not a particularly big country music fan, I just wouldn't try to wrap Taylor Swift and Glen Campbell into the same category and say it all sucks - way too diverse and, truthfully, I'd have a hard time finding a way to knock Glenn Campbell. If anyone wants me to illucidate however how such rubbish as techno music could ever so much as pray or hope to have any parallel (ie. if you're really that serious about its inferiority as a genre) feel free to call me out on that but I'd really have to offer, again, its your opinion and that I'm sure - whether its 10%, 5%, or even 1%, there's something out there in the genre where you'd really have to stretch yourself beyond your own breaking point of intellectual honesty (perhaps for the sake of holding your ground and no better reason) to say 100.000% is rubbish.