Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 9:41 am

What is the price of fuel in your area?
Here (Portland, Oregon area) we pay $3.05 for regular with even higher prices in other cities/towns.

(Unconfirmed)-In Newport/Lincoln City area Oregon $3.75/gallon for reg. unleaded

Last edited by whiteskunk on 27 Apr 2007, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris_hass33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2007, 9:45 am

Last I checked, it was 2.90-something for regular at the nearby Exxon.

Oh, I made up a joke for these prices. If someone asks, "What's up?" I say, "Gas prices." It can be considered a smart, offensive, or funny remark, but it's definitely true.

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2007, 10:33 am

Just filled the tank just North of Seattle, WA ...ouch! $3.34-9/10ths a gallon...

(off topic: What's the 9/10ths all about? Trying to fool me into thinking I'm paying a penny less!? -- need a Emoticon with its tounge sticking out here, Phittt)

Headline in the paper yesterday said expect $4.00 a gallon by summer. 8O

Miss my Diesel Jetta.. 42Mpg City!! ! :( , now I'm eating 20mpg...)

Glad I don't commute anymore!! ! :D

chris_hass33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2007, 10:36 am

Beammeup wrote:
(off topic: What's the 9/10ths all about? Trying to fool me into thinking I'm paying a penny less!? -- need a Emoticon with its tounge sticking out here, Phittt)

Here's one: :P

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:36 am

Gas in Houston, Texas:

Regular: $2.80/gallon

Midgrade: $2.90/gallon

Super Unleaded: $3/gallon

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:40 am

Beammeup wrote:
Just filled the tank just North of Seattle, WA ...ouch! $3.34-9/10ths a gallon...

Headline in the paper yesterday said expect $4.00 a gallon by summer. 8O

Miss my Diesel Jetta.. 42Mpg City!! ! :( , now I'm eating 20mpg...)

Glad I don't commute anymore!! ! :D

Actually the 9/10 would mean one tenth of a penny.

Tim

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2007, 10:46 am

chris_hass33 wrote:
Beammeup wrote:

Here's one: :P

Hah! Thanks...

(off topic: What's the 9/10ths all about? Trying to fool me into thinking I'm paying a penny less!? -- :P ...........t)

jackhippy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2007, 10:56 am

I manage a gas station in Bozeman, MT. Regular just went up to $2.899.

Everyone please do you local c-store a favor and don't complain to the employees about gas prices. We have no control over the market and we are not "gouging" at this very moment we are making $.08/gallon. If you factor in credit card fees we get down to about $.045/gallon. When all is said and done, after paying wages and other expenses, we make no profit off of gasoline.

Plus the complaints are really hard for me to deal with. That is way too much negative social ineraction for me. :wink:

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. My epiphany was less grandiose. It was quite the opposite. I realized I was talking to myself, but no one was listening.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 11:00 am

jackhippy wrote:

Everyone please do you local c-store a favor and don't complain to the employees about gas prices. We have no control over the market and we are not "gouging" at this very moment we are making $.08/gallon. If you factor in credit card fees we get down to about $.045/gallon. When all is said and done, after paying wages and other expenses, we make no profit off of gasoline.

Plus the complaints are really hard for me to deal with. That is way too much negative social ineraction for me. :wink:

I've heard that about not complaining to the retailers.

Tim

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 11:00 am

jackhippy wrote:

Okay. I'll be nice to the employees. But George Bush won't return my calls. So who do I complain to?

jackhippy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2007, 11:05 am

whiteskunk wrote:
Okay. I'll be nice to the employees. But George Bush won't return my calls. So who do I complain to?

I don't know but if we bomb the Iraqis really nicely, they might just give us the oil. (Sarcasm)

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. My epiphany was less grandiose. It was quite the opposite. I realized I was talking to myself, but no one was listening.

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2007, 11:09 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Actually the 9/10 would mean one tenth of a penny.
Tim

LOL... Thanks, I suppose they're trying to fool me into thinking I'm paying 9/10ths less...

Oh, and that was "Regular Unleaded - 87 octane" Just North of Seattle, $3.34-9/10ths a gallon...

I'll check the price for Deisel, 89 and 92 octane when I'm out today...

Side note: There was a guy at the pump pouring Acetone into his tank prior to filling-up.
Got curious and asked him Why... Said 8oz or so improved his gas milage. Best verify this before trying it.... not my reccomendation. (jet fuel?)

xxrobertoxx
Raven
Raven

27 Apr 2007, 12:06 pm

I filled my car up the other day at Wal-Mart for $2.799 a gallon for 87 octane. It ended up costing me $39.25 to fill my tank, I wasn't too happy but that's the way it is now these days.

27 Apr 2007, 12:06 pm

$3.14 for unleaded gas at one of the gas stations.

jackhippy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2007, 12:25 pm

It just went up $.10 since my last post. ($2..99)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 12:52 pm

The last time I checked, it was $2.68 per gallon. I'll be out again tomorrow, so I'll see if it's changed or not then.