Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 2:01 pm

.....no one here watches football?

anyone shocked that brady quinn hasn't been picked so far? no one absolutely surprised that the dolphins picked a wide receiver over quinn?

BeyondInfinity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Apr 2007, 2:36 pm

I feel bad for Quinn, he's got a better head on his shoulders than most football players. the Fins will never replace Marino if they dont try....

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 2:39 pm

i feel bad for quinn because i'm watching my coverage on espn.com and the only commercial that'll come on is quinn's commercial with hummer. it's a painful reminder that his expectations might have been a tad bit too high.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 3:32 pm

oh man...quinn goes at 22 to the browns and the browns trade off their 2nd round pick and their first round for next year.

sconiecoug
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Apr 2007, 4:41 pm

i was suprised that quinn only went 22nd. BUT...with joe thomas protecting him, they will be a good combination! i'm a packer fan by birth, but since joe thomas is a badger and my love of notre dame i think i can root for the browns too since they are in the AFC. :)

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 6:37 pm

the browns have only made two picks but they're have a great draft so far...quite possibly one of the best drafts this year.

my saints grabbed meachem for whatever reason...was hoping they'd snag chris houston instead....eh, eazy e is still available.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 7:32 pm

damn man...browns snatched up eazy (eric wright)....i can't believe the saints are just sitting on their ass instead of getting on the ball and moving and trying to get a decent draft going for the defense.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 8:15 pm

Eagles picked a Quarterback in the second round. Various people unhappy. What message does this send to (often injured) starting QB Donovan McNabb! (snore) Wake me up when the season starts.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 5:13 am

jimservo wrote:
Eagles picked a Quarterback in the second round. Various people unhappy. What message does this send to (often injured) starting QB Donovan McNabb! (snore) Wake me up when the season starts.

they should have cut mcnabb and made garcia starter along with the drafting of kolb.

what i'm surprised of is that the falcons have kept vick and didn't go after a QB and just cut vick and bump harrington. vick's been nothing but trouble and, well, jim mora (sr) was right when he called vick a coach killer. except it's more like a team killer.

saints got a QB undrafted after the draft was done so i'm glad we scored there and our draft overall addressed depth issues and in such a way to where we can develop the talent where needed at a better pace than "need". ended up grabbing 2 CB's, a linebacker, 2 o-line guys, a running back and a wide receiver....

by the way....how hard did you grit your teeth when the eagles made that draft trade with dallas?

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Apr 2007, 11:39 am

I'm a Browns fan and I would grade our draft a B. Not an A because I, for one, am NOT a solid believer in Brady Quinn. I think he is over hyped and one of the biggest frauds in this years draft. I almost rather they had just taken him at #3 than give up so much, including next years 1st round pick. Thats a lot to give up if the Browns have another 4-12 type season in 2007.

But I like most everything else they did. Getting Thomas as a HUGE boost to the line, getting Eric Wright who may be one of the biggest steals of the draft. Adding depth to the Cornerbacks and Defensive Line positions. Browns had a good draft.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 6:11 pm

after all is said and done and we grabbed our UDFA's....i gotta say....i'll give us a B+.

i'm excited about two pick ups we got in undrafted.....the quarterback tyler palko and the defensive tackle walt thomas.

walt thomas i think is very promising...he's 6'6, 370 lbs, he can press 475lbs, and squat 800 lbs. oh yeah...and he can do backflips.

he's gonna end up crushing some poor running back and ending his career.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 6:13 pm

ericmc783 wrote:
But I like most everything else they did. Getting Thomas as a HUGE boost to the line, getting Eric Wright who may be one of the biggest steals of the draft. Adding depth to the Cornerbacks and Defensive Line positions. Browns had a good draft.

browns had a good draft...but i think you guys are gonna be upset at giving up your 8th pick overall next year. :P

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 May 2007, 11:27 pm

8th overall would be a compliment lol.