People kissing in public is revolting

Page 11 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Kissing in public is...
Sickening 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Disgusting 28%  28%  [ 7 ]
Repulsive 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
Abhorrent 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Despicable 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
Filthy 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 25

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:29 pm

Beno wrote:
So... Just get over it and don't make it into drama?
Agreed

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:32 pm

Beno wrote:

I'm just replying to the questions people are asking.
I've already said that the original post was not meant to be serious, it was in response to a comment made on another thread, so I'm not making anything into 'drama.'

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:35 pm

Beno wrote:

Or better yet, respect the fact that others will have a different viewpoint than you?

This is a thread on a discussion board. I doubt many consider that drama. It isn't like anyone here that has expressed a negative view of the act is out in the streets protesting kissing in public.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2007, 10:11 pm

[/quote]
It's just the fact that people really don't need to kiss in public. [/quote]

Sometimes you do, though. Unfortunately most cities and buildings do not provide public couches with privacy screens at convenient locations along with rest rooms, public phones, and drinking fountains. Sometimes you are out all day and there's no place to go to kiss . . .
Sometimes I think the more crowded the location, the more appropriate it is. If there's only a few people in a room, people will notice you and stare and its a bit rude, but in a large public area with lots of people milling about, no one has to look. They can move 4 feet and look at someone else.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:40 am

Quote:
Sometimes you do, though.

No, you don't. No one needs to kiss that badly. I could understand if one of them was about to die or something, but it's usually just idiots out shopping or or something, I don't want to see that.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:56 am

Yeah. A little reassuring kiss is no biggie,
but full make-out mode, to me, is pretty
much equivalent to them having sex. It
doesn't necessarily bother me, but I don't
see much difference.

Most people wouldn't agree that they are the
same though.

Beno
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 May 2007, 8:00 am

Sopho wrote:
Quote:

No, you don't. No one needs to kiss that badly. I could understand if one of them was about to die or something, but it's usually just idiots out shopping or or something, I don't want to see that.

But you've already admitted earlier on that people *do* have the right to do it. You're not going to live every day of your life and never see anything you don't like, it's just part of life. I see people doing things all the time that I don't like. What about littering? You like to see people doing that? And that one, by the way, has actual repercussions in that it damages the environment. Still though, I don't sit here and make a load of drama about it.

AdrianB
Toucan
Toucan

What do you mean by kissing?
A little peck on the lips?
Or a full French kiss?

I don't really mind at all unless i know them.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

I don't mind one small kiss or something, if one of them's going somewhere else o they've just met up. It's anything more than that that's just unnecessary and inappropriate.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 8:01 am

Beno wrote:
Sopho wrote:
Quote:

But you've already admitted earlier on that people *do* have the right to do it. You're not going to live every day of your life and never see anything you don't like, it's just part of life. I see people doing things all the time that I don't like. What about littering? You like to see people doing that? And that one, by the way, has actual repercussions in that it damages the environment. Still though, I don't sit here and make a load of drama about it.

I'm not.
I'm answering people's questions.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:05 am

Hey, me (28 years old) and my new girlfriend (56 years old) are now facing the prospect of kissing in public without getting made faces at by other people. So when you're revolted by people kissing in public, be greatful that the majority of them are at least in the same generation.

Last night, I informed our waitress that my girlfriend and I were on the same check. She gave me the weirdest look, then gave the check to my girlfriend. I placed my debit card on the check, and then the waitress returns it to my girlfriend again, despite the fact that a man's name was on the debit card. Our waitress had simply decided that we were mother and son -- and nothing was going to change her mind. :roll:

I'm only 28, but I HAVE seen stranger things in this world than a cross-generational couple.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:23 am

Ragtime wrote:
Hey, me (28 years old) and my new girlfriend (56 years old) are now facing the prospect of kissing in public without getting made faces at by other people. So when you're revolted by people kissing in public, be greatful that the majority of them are at least in the same generation.

Last night, I informed our waitress that my girlfriend and I were on the same check. She gave me the weirdest look, then gave the check to my girlfriend. I placed my debit card on the check, and then the waitress returns it to my girlfriend again, despite the fact that a man's name was on the debit card. Our waitress had simply decided that we were mother and son -- and nothing was going to change her mind. :roll:

I'm only 28, but I HAVE seen stranger things in this world than a cross-generational couple.

Don't let it get to you. She is just some waitress, probably not paying much attention anyway. Even if it was your mother why couldn't you pay for it? Personally I prefer to go evens but that just me.

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 05 May 2007, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 2:13 pm

Beno wrote:

You're making a bigger issue of this than anyone. If you don't want to deal with people complaining, why read this thread? Unless of course all you want others to do is fall in line with your views or your idea on how to act.

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2007, 4:36 pm

I think it's quite cute.

Although I don;t really care if some people are kissing in public. I leave them to get on with it and I go and do what I want to do.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:48 pm

Sopho wrote:
I don't mind one small kiss or something, if one of them's going somewhere else o they've just met up. It's anything more than that that's just unnecessary and inappropriate.

But don't you see a hypocrisy of your previous statements? And who says what is unnecessary?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:49 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
Sopho wrote:

But don't you see a hypocrisy of your previous statements? And who says what is unnecessary?

If they don't need to do it, then it is unnecessary.
What hypocrisy? I don't see what I've said that contradicts anything else I have said. I've simply stated my opinion: kissing in public is disgusting. I don't like it. What is wrong with me saying that?