People kissing in public is revolting

Page 10 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Kissing in public is...
Sickening 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Disgusting 28%  28%  [ 7 ]
Repulsive 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
Abhorrent 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Despicable 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
Filthy 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 25

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:25 pm

GenericBrandUserName wrote:
College? This is a place of learning, not a place of grabass. Cut it out and get back to work. On the job? Get back to work. At church? No. Just. No.

Dude, college is more than just learning. You make social connections in college that can last for the rest of your life. This includes dating and kissing.

Beno
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2007, 5:00 pm

I think this poll is pretty immature. It's like you see 2 people kissing and shout "COOTIES!" Really, tell me what makes you think it's so disgusting. If you don't want to see them doing it, don't look. Walk on. Don't make any fuss. What's rather amusing is that the people who say things like this are usually (but not always) the ones who have never been in a relationship themselves. Then when they finally get into one their opinions on the matter tend to change quite dramatically.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:03 pm

Beno wrote:
I think this poll is pretty immature. It's like you see 2 people kissing and shout "COOTIES!" Really, tell me what makes you think it's so disgusting. If you don't want to see them doing it, don't look. Walk on. Don't make any fuss. What's rather amusing is that the people who say things like this are usually (but not always) the ones who have never been in a relationship themselves. Then when they finally get into one their opinions on the matter tend to change quite dramatically.

I am aware the poll is immature. I made it is resposnse to a conversation on another thread. It wasn't meant to be serious.
I am not in a relationship, but I know that, if I was, I would not kiss her in public.
And it's not always as simply as looking away or walking on, if they're sat opposite you on a bus or something. I don't exactly go around looking for these things.

alex
Developer
Developer

04 May 2007, 5:06 pm

Sopho wrote:
Beno wrote:

I am aware the poll is immature. I made it is resposnse to a conversation on another thread. It wasn't meant to be serious.
I am not in a relationship, but I know that, if I was, I would not kiss her in public.
And it's not always as simply as looking away or walking on, if they're sat opposite you on a bus or something. I don't exactly go around looking for these things.

How is it gross exactly?

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:08 pm

*tries to find the secret answer at the bottom, as per Bahumut in FFVIII, and fails*

Why isn't there are 'meh' Sopho!

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:08 pm

alex wrote:
Sopho wrote:
Beno wrote:

How is it gross exactly?

I just personally think that it's something people shouldn't do in the middle of a shopping centre or in the street or something. It will always depend on different people's views on what classes as gross, but I just don't like it myself. I don't know what exactly it is about it, I just find it irritating. Just like I find is similarly gross seeing people eating in public etc.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:09 pm

alex wrote:

How is it gross exactly?

Gross is subjective. What's gross to one person might be neutral to another, and even appealing to a third.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:10 pm

alex wrote:
Sopho wrote:
Beno wrote:

How is it gross exactly?

Thank you alex! I'm not the only one confused about why it's gross!

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:11 pm

shadexiii wrote:
alex wrote:

How is it gross exactly?

Gross is subjective. What's gross to one person might be neutral to another, and even appealing to a third.

That's what I'm trying to say. It all depends on how one person views it. It's gross to me, I can't sit here and say everyone should find it disgusting, I just mean, in my opinion it is.

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:17 pm

I find it disrespectful - the people that tend to do it, know full well you are single (in my case at least), and seem to want to rub in the fact. Not only that, but they decide to be noisy about it as well.
Its only as gross as breastfeeding in public (whoops, sorry pandora, I opened the box), I think my biggest problem with it though, is when it appears as a show, with tongue down neck for 10 minutes at a time.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:19 pm

I don't have a problem with people breastfeeding in public. It's just the kissing I don't like.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:21 pm

Sopho wrote:
I don't have a problem with people breastfeeding in public. It's just the kissing I don't like.

So what is the difference between the two? I'm comfortable with both.

Beno

04 May 2007, 5:25 pm

DingoDv wrote:
I find it disrespectful - the people that tend to do it, know full well you are single (in my case at least), and seem to want to rub in the fact. Not only that, but they decide to be noisy about it as well.
Its only as gross as breastfeeding in public (whoops, sorry pandora, I opened the box), I think my biggest problem with it though, is when it appears as a show, with tongue down neck for 10 minutes at a time.

So two complete strangers unaware of your mere presence because they're too caught up in kissing know that you're single... how?

And breastfeeding in public isn't gross either. It's the only way the kid's supposed to be fed for the first few months of its life.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:26 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
Sopho wrote:

So what is the difference between the two? I'm comfortable with both.

It's just the fact that people really don't need to kiss in public. There is a reason for breastfeeding though. I'd rather see that than hear a baby screaming. People kissing in public is just something I personally dislike, like people eating, listening to music loudly, talking loudly. I accept that people have the right to do these things, so I just get on with what I'm doing and try to ignore it. But that doesn't change the fact that I dislike it.

Beno

04 May 2007, 5:28 pm

So... Just get over it and don't make it into drama?

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:29 pm

Beno wrote:
So... Just get over it and don't make it into drama?
Agreed