Possible link to rising sex drive in women?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 1:52 pm

Ticker wrote:
You'll also find a large amount of high testosterone women are lesbian and that will not be helping the guys any. If you don't believe me notice how many lesbians have excessive body hair and even male facial features. If you ask them a lot of them will also have PCOS.

High testosterone women are not the answer to a guy's problem of not getting enough sex. Honestly the only solution to that problem guys is making lots of money and having a muscle clad bod if you want more women.

Poly-cystic ovaries?

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 3:27 pm

[b]Great hypothesis, griff. One must not be restricted form saying these things, to hell with the label of a sixist. You are just excercise the wonderful right of the human i.e. Thinking. Or perhaps i'm wrong even animals have shown some amazing capabiliites!

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 4:08 pm

Ticker wrote:
The downside to that theory is women who have high testosterone levels tend to make defective babies. Either the babies will be miscarried due to the mother's hormone levels not making the uterus hospitible or the child will be born autistic, hermaphrodite or if a girl grow up to have PCOS and diabetes. High inuterio testosterone has been known to cause all of those conditions. Not exactly what we need more of in this world as all those people have expensive medical problems and are mistreated in society.
The thing is, it might be responsible for a lot of the technology used to make their lives more bearable. It's really amazing, according to my reading, how many gifted engineers are HFA or fit the profile of one who is HFA. Hey, an artificial hippocampus is in the testing phases, and we're making computer simulations of the neocortex. If I'm right that the modern surplus of technically gifted people is rooted in this, it more than balances for the cripples.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 4:11 pm

daspie wrote:
[b]Great hypothesis, griff. One must not be restricted form saying these things, to hell with the label of a sixist. You are just excercise the wonderful right of the human i.e. Thinking. Or perhaps i'm wrong even animals have shown some amazing capabiliites!
Well, there was this one bonobo who had an almost human capacity for communication, really quite on a level with a human child at his peak...OT but interesting, hehehe.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 4:14 pm

I applaud your well-written hypothesis and the thought that went into it, as well as the consideration of all the various aspects such as natural selection, etc.

However, there are a lot of "ifs" and assumptions you are making.

I suggest you take some anthropology classes if you are truly interested in this subject.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 4:30 pm

aylissa wrote:
I applaud your well-written hypothesis and the thought that went into it, as well as the consideration of all the various aspects such as natural selection, etc.
Yes. I strongly feel that sociology has an enourmous impact on these things, and it has always interested me how law and social order can affect the natural course of evolution.

Quote:
However, there are a lot of "ifs" and assumptions you are making.
I know. I would love to know how much of it actually has a scientific basis.

Quote:
I suggest you take some anthropology classes if you are truly interested in this subject.
I just might, at that.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

02 May 2007, 10:06 am

Maybe the free love and drugs movement made it possible for more AS men to "get some" and they passed it along. The ability to have sex without suffering through the difficulty of courting and intimacy and the drugs to ease inhibition. Its probably a Genetic issue that doesn't have anythng to do with pregnancy except for the fact that during pregnancy is when the genes from both parents do what they're instructed/coded to do or not do.

My point is just that the theory can be flipped and go either way. Still a good theory though and really makes you think.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 10:24 am

Why would the 'free love' and drugs movement enable AS men to get some ?
Surely it would have been easier when it wasn't free.
So long as you had money.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

02 May 2007, 10:36 am

Kosmonaut wrote:
Why would the 'free love' and drugs movement enable AS men to get some ?
Surely it would have been easier when it wasn't free.
So long as you had money.

I hope you meant that as funny cause I'm laughing at it.

Most woman through out time were directed into or forced into marriage whether they wanted it or not and then produced children and religion made woman obey their husbands and in older times it was important to have a man to provide. Its not like AS woman were all nuns before the 60's. The 60's didn't produce more sex for woman just more sex with multiple partners.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 10:55 am

I'd take it as a pinch of salt.
But where do you get the idea that women have more partners since 1960?
Maybe middle and upper class american women, i dont know.
But from reading how people lived in 19th century European cities, i doubt it. And that is considering the life-span is well over double nowadays.