Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 2:29 pm

i have exaggerated arches
kinda like a barbie doll, only I can walk flat footed.
A ballet dancer friend told me I had developed this bony ridge on the top of my foot that dancers take years to develop so they can go on pointe..or something like that....

madscientist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2007, 2:37 pm

I find myself doing it at times, but I think the reason may be to avoid making noise when I walk. If I'm in the mood to be by myself, I can be so inconspicuos as to be almost invisible, and I think that's part of it.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 May 2007, 5:19 pm

Hazelwudi wrote:
I still get "charlie-horses" from time to time, and will be 31 next september. :|

Still get "charlie-horses" and extreme calf cramps from time to time, potassium supplements help a
little, but not much. I'll be 49 this November.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 2:12 am

Strange--- when i was a kid i did it, too. But part of that was also because I had bad plantar warts on one on my heels. Even after they were gone, though, I'd still walk different.
I don't understand how it was different. I go heels first ( unless i'm walking fast and someone slows down in front of me. I can't just stop, my feet still wanna go so i end up on my toes behind them) but people still ask me why i'm walking strangely. When i ask them "how so" they can't give me a definitive answer. they usually just say "oh, nothing." or just "oh.", which does me no good at all.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2007, 2:59 am

As an adolescant for doing it...now i don think i do it as much, but i do catch myself at times in nija mode here and there....

tam1klt2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2007, 10:55 pm

My 8 yo used to walk on his toes ALL the time. I had no problem w/it (figured he might grow out of it), his kindergarden teacher (very NT) would get after him for it so then he started slapping his feet on the floor (which is way louder than tip toes & 100x's more annoying). He is starting to walk on his toes more now again, finally. I don't mind--I can't stand when he sounds like a heard of elephants walking. I still would rejoice in the opp to ring that teacher's neck. :twisted: She caused him many problems.

I personally don't see a problem w/walking on toes. If that what makes you comfortable so be it.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 1:45 am

I've done that on occasion, and I still have the occasional charley horse wake me up at night, and the other day, the ache lasted most of the day.

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2007, 2:41 am

I do so whenever excited or in bare foot.
ALL the time in bare foot.

I've only been woken up by cramps once, but sometimes used to have them before I fall asleep.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2007, 3:21 am

I tiptoe around a lot too. I like running really fast on my tiptoes and then leaping high into the air, savouring the joy of flight for half a second. I like to twirl around as well.