The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 1058 of 1058 [ 15861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1054, 1055, 1056, 1057, 1058

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm

@DeaconsBlues; Oh...My...God.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 6:39 pm

All's well that ends well, one supposes. She's home now; the CPS worker will make a "health and safety" visit sometime in the next week, but that shouldn't be any big deal. Jason and I still have to talk to a police detective, but I can't see how that could go awry, considering they did a medical exam of my daughter and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Still a little shaken and a lot angry that anyone could even think such a thing...

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2015, 8:25 pm

Glad to hear that it ended well! I had a similar run in, many years ago when my daughter was a pre-teen. Fortunately I had a friend who set them straight, since she had once been head of CPS in our town. Something innocent had been stretched way out of proportion. So glad nothing lastingly bad came of it, in both our cases.

beady
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Mar 2015, 10:09 pm

Greetings, I've read some of the beginning posts and some of the later posts but I not quite sure what this place is.
Is there a chat room somewhere? Or do people get on teamspeak in games?

Thanks for any info. :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:41 pm

beady wrote:
Greetings, I've read some of the beginning posts and some of the later posts but I not quite sure what this place is.
Is there a chat room somewhere? Or do people get on teamspeak in games?

Thanks for any info. :)

Hello 'beady,'

This once bustling cafe was filled with people that understood how it was to be diagnosed much later in life. It was like we all found out around the same time and couldn't relate to the younger(to us) skew of WrongPlanet. It was an era and a fantastic learning experience. I would not be the wiser person I now am without experiencing the years we rocked.

What is teamspeak?

Merle

lau
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 1:47 pm

Teamspeak seems to be pretty similar to Skype. Now that Skype has sold out to Microsoftinthehead I'll be switching over to Google Hangouts.