Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kyoified
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2004, 12:22 am

Yes, I talk to myself all the time...anywhere and at anytime. Sometimes I just feel as if my head is spinning...the thoughts whirling about too quickly...and I start to say them, sometimes I don't even realize it. I talk about anything to myself....sometimes I hold conversations with myself. I replay conversations that I just had with other people, like the last quotes they said are stuck or something...or I make up songs and sing when I'm alone. It freaks me out quite a bit, but it calms me down, so...I guess its ok to do it... :?: I don't know...it makes me feel comfortable when I'm talking to myself...more comfortable then when I'm talking with people. I don't understand why, but it can help me release anger, saddness, just about anything. Does anyone else feel this way?

gavrod
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2004, 3:48 am

I find it very helpful to talk to myself. It helps me control and organize my thoughts into cohesive and sensible words if I happen to be writing. It also good to help stop some of the bad thoughts that enter my head, and to help me stay focused and keep myself in a positive frame of mind.

Wowbagger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2004, 8:07 pm

I mutter or groan out loud when I need to drown out unpleasant thoughts. And like others have mentioned, talking out loud is a way of organising my thoughts when solving maths problems.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2004, 7:35 am

I talk to myself all the time. I usualy talk to myself about my feelings and issues. I mainly do it in my room. I don't want my Family to know about my deamons, because they think I'm doing just well. I talk to myself about the things that happen over the course of the day and about moving to a different neighbourhood or town so I can start a new life. I'm the only person who will listen to me. :oops: :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2004, 7:36 am

Sorry about the pity party. I don't do that very often.

UltimApe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2004, 11:17 pm

Talking out loud uses a different part of your brain. Often hearing yourself say things allows the "that doesn't make sense" gear to kick in, which would normally be in place to dissect information from other's utterages.

Lately I have found myself "redoing" socially tense situations in my head, and absentmindedly saying what I should have said outloud. It is done so unintentionally that I jump because I think someone else is really close by.

Kinda funny :D

kyoified
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2004, 9:44 pm

Yes, I do that a lot too! I thought that I was the only one out there that did... I always replay what they said in my head and then I say it outloud, along with what I should have said, and then What I said...I compare what I said to what I should have said and then I compare what the other person's reactions were and what they would have been....it is really weird, but I do it everyday!

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2004, 2:40 pm

I talk out loud to myself a lot, too..

hilarythebaker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Aug 2004, 3:15 pm

I usually don't talk out loud to myself. The hardest thing for NTs to do is to get me to STOP RUNNING OFF AT THE MOUTH!! ! Many of my friends are quite used to this and they usually just wait for me to finish talking, or if they're really busy, they say to me, "I need to get some work done, we'll talk later," and that usually works. I don't usually bother people who are busy or working.

vivreestesperer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2004, 1:04 am

Yes, I talk to myself all the time.
I would write more but I am being attacked by mutant mosquitos in my very own house. I cannot stand mosquitos. I am about at my wit's end with mosquitos. I cannot wait to I go back to school and the mosquitos there should not be so bad. Although the heat certainly will be.

Sorry to take that a bit off topic I just needed to vent for a minute.

Self-talk helps me process info and keep myself calm, it also provides good company so to speak.

Kate

Kenorri
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Sep 2004, 5:49 pm

I have a running internal dialogue with myself. Sometimes I sound like my Dad and berate myself about something stupid I did or opportunity missed. Sometimes I peptalk myself to get through a situation or deal with a difficult person. Often I find that I am singing a song that I have heard in the past that was triggered by a phrase or note. If I am alone on a walk in the woods or in my car I talk to myself out loud. It seems silly but it relieves stress and I find it centers me, brings me back to reality from the whirl and craziness of my thoughts. For what it's worth.Kenorri

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2004, 12:13 am

i do it a lot, and i think i do it becase i have no one interesting to talk to. haha. i also do it so i can prepare myself for saying something to someone. i don't even realize i'm doing it until someone looks at me funny and just respond with, "hey, i'm trying to have a conversation over here"

Deborah
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2004, 10:40 pm

synx13 wrote:
Being an auditory learner though, I can definitely say that it's easier to remember something if I hear it, even if I'm the one saying it.

LOL! I'm the exact opposite! I can't learn anything unless I can see it. Which is probably why I learn 8 times faster from the "discovery channel" than I ever did at school!

I am just so FRUSTRATED about it because I really want to learn, even go to university(science). But with my current learning habits, I don't stand a chance. The only way I'm ever going to learn is if I get my own personal teacher/mentor just for me.
In the olden days, this is how apprentices learned from their masters.
I wish I could have that.

I have terrible audio processing. I cannot "grab" what people are saying, I often misinterpret words. Just this morning, at my next door neighbours house, an old man told me "I'm Elayne's dad" except I thought he said "have a nice day" so I said "thanks, you too!".

LOL! :oops: and today at work, a client was leaving so he said "bye", but I didn't see him before, so I thought he said "hi!", and I said "hi!" too!! LOL
How embarrassing, someone says bye to me, and I say HI!

Oh well, who gives a s**t. 8)

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2015, 4:55 pm

I talk out loud to myself a lot.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 5:55 pm

...James Brown sang about " Talkin' Loud And Saying Nothin' " :P !

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Dec 2015, 1:13 am

I used to talk to myself but I forced myself to break the habit for the most part. I used to do it to help analyze things & sort things out or just for fun cuz I felt like saying something repeatedly.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition