Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

08 May 2007, 1:52 am

Today I smelled some clean chemicals after my aunt got through doing somethign and I ask what's that smell and she said she had just turned on the dishwasher and she mentioned my uncle, her husband has an eagle smell meaning acute sense of smell and her smell is horrible.
And my uncle is a fricken NT. I wonder if he can smell smells lot of people can't smell.
Amazing how NTs can have aspie/autie traits too. So I shouldn't feel bad if my senses aren't very strong. Just think of my brother for an example and my uncle and my mother.

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:27 am

Why shouldn't NTs have strong senses? That many aspies have them doesn't mean NTs can't. It's not an aspies-only trait.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:45 am

Hey, my ex-wife, an NT, had an INCERDIBLY oversensative sense of smell.

Even though I have an acute sense of smell and hearing, she has a sense of smell that it to be marvelled at. Her sense of smell was so acute that I had to stay clean, keep my clothes washed, kept my teeth brushed and all that jazz. Otherwise, if I didn't keep clean she would complain. And I don't blame her.

The only problem was I didn't want to take a shower every day and wash my clothes every time I blinked my eyes. It was trying at times. But when you're in love you'll do anything!

8)

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 9:34 am

My mom, who's an NT, has a great sense of smell. Much better than mine or my Dad's, and I have NLD and my dad probably does (he's never had formal testing).

Prudence
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2007, 10:29 am

Geeze. I can't smell, but I inherited it from my father. Then again, I inherited Asperger's from my father. It's a coincidence, though.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 10:41 am

It depends. I think you can either smell very well, or not smell at all!