Page 6 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2005, 10:49 am

Dissenter wrote:
To never have to sleep. I have enough trouble sleeping anyway, plus the extra time during the night when no one else is around would be cool.

I have that power... In a semi limited capacity. I can go a week with less than 12hrs sleep total... Of course I wouldn't recommend anyone attempting it, the repercussions are unpleasant.

GA

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 5:33 am

To not cry in public when somebody hurts my feelings.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 8:32 am

Pandora wrote:
To not cry in public when somebody hurts my feelings.

Actually that's not such a bad thing... if that's your worst problem then girl, give me your life! Not that I'm saying it isn't akward, but personally I would rather burst into tears in public than be so cold-hearted that I act like I don't have any feelings at all... but that could just be me. I've noticed that apathy is becoming increasingly popular these days... *sigh* Ahh well, at least crying people get more candy! :lol:

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2005, 1:52 am

Phoenix Kitten, that isn't my worst problem but it is so embarrassing. I can't seem to be able to control myself too well where emotions are concerned. If I do, I eventually end up having a really bad meltdown. In one of these, I punched a hole through a wall with my head.

Trouble is, I cry when I'm angry, when people give me a bad look, when they are abrupt and snippy, when they won't listen to what I say and the list goes on. In other words I am hypersensitive and there seems to be no way of getting over this. At least, little kids can cry several times a day and get a lot of it out of their system. I used to do this and didn't stress out as much as when I was older.

Sometimes, I wish I could just be apathetic and accept whatever comes my way but at the same time, I despise a lot of the apathy I see in modern society. If you stand for nothing, you fall for everything.

It's even worse for men, because our society says they shouldn't cry. No wonder there is so much drug-taking, alcoholism, and stress-related diseases. Some people want us to follow the same example and it is interesting to see that the incidence of illnesses like heart attacks is now going up a lot in women.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2005, 3:43 am

Yikes! *hugs Pandora* I see what you mean. I am not very predictable, but I recollect one time when I cried about 4 times during the process of preparing an egg for cooking: once because the shell cracked badly and some fell in the bowl, once because mum told me I should poke holes in it and I had forgotten, once because she then jokingly said 'but you don't need to kill it!' and again because it sort of exploded in the microwave! What can ya do? *chuckles at the memory*

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 6:49 am

Yes, sometimes it is the silliest things that can make me cry or laugh even.

I like your pussy-cat. I have a pet cat that marches up and down on my bed like your green cat.

Another super power I'd like to have is to make people I don't like get uncontrollable flatulence so they embarrass themselves severely when they are trying to impress somebody (this is particularly good for people who've dumped you)

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 1:58 pm

*grins ecstatically*

I feel I must give this my whole-hearted seal of approval! *seals* Done! ;)

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 5:15 pm

In X-Men Magneto had a limited form of telekinesis, which acted on Metal. I think I'd go for that one because if you want to cross the road, you throw the cars out of the way. If they're driving lke idiots, you simply crush their expensive toy and make all the paint slide off the outside of it.

Oh, I'd probably go for all the Metapsychic Powers that the Remillard Family had in the Julian May books about the Galactic Milieu,

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 5:30 pm

I'd be invisible...who knows what I could see?

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 7:40 pm

Well if you were fully invisible you would also be blind, so probably not a lot.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 12:17 pm

I would like the ability to violate natural law and be able to create/manipulate non-precious metals. I would be known as MetalMike!

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2005, 4:38 pm

I'd have the power to make the Cleveland Browns win a super bowl.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 4:39 pm

X Ray vision would keep me occupied for a while.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 4:48 pm

I wanna be invisible, and also be able to fly (first I'll need to somehow overcome my paralyzing fear of heights, haha).

~Steve Jobs

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 7:06 pm

MagicMike wrote:
I would like the ability to violate natural law and be able to create/manipulate non-precious metals. I would be known as MetalMike!

That coud theoreticly be just as possible as telekinesis, telepathy or psycometricity

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 7:08 pm

aaronkt wrote:
I'd have the power to make the Cleveland Browns win a super bowl.

The dirfence with man city here in england is that super powers coudnt make them win a match :P

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>