Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:38 pm

When someone is incessantly ridiculed, put down, pushed around (literally or figuratively) by someone else. To me, it often seems an obsession on the part of the bully, to make the bull-ee's life miserable in every way they can.

18:33. Press 'Return'

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:45 pm

bizarre wrote:
Yes i agree bullys are the worst! Especially, ones with moderator status who use that power to step outside their guide-lines and abuse their privileges. For example; deleted, moving, threatening to delete or edit other members posts. For acting like they are above the rules themselves. Then when they get knocked down a notch acting like crybabies

Why are you turning against me again?
This thread isnt aimed at anyone specific, it is a general thread on bullying. There is nothing here that refers to you or anyone else.
In fact, it had absolutely nothing to do with our issues. It has to do with other issues around the forum so I dont understand why you are being nasty to me again with no cause. Why say nice things in the haven then turn on me again, I dont understand. This thread is about all bullying, not just forum bullying, any bullying.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:48 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by agentcyclosarin on 17 May 2007, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:48 pm

I've been bullied so many times, that I just don't care, anymore.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 1:54 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
bizarre wrote:
Yes i agree bullys are the worst! Especially, ones with moderator status who use that power to step outside their guide-lines and abuse their privileges. For example; deleted, moving, threatening to delete or edit other members posts. For acting like they are above the rules themselves. Then when they get knocked down a notch acting like crybabies

Why are you turning against me again?
This thread isnt aimed at anyone specific, it is a general thread on bullying. There is nothing here that refers to you or anyone else.
In fact, it had absolutely nothing to do with our issues. It has to do with other issues around the forum so I dont understand why you are being nasty to me again with no cause. Why say nice things in the haven then turn on me again, I dont understand. This thread is about all bullying, not just forum bullying, any bullying.

I'm not turning against you. I'm just talking about bullying moderators in general.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 8:25 pm

I also have been bullied all my life, through school, college and jobs, and I hated all of that, it's horrible. That is why I never bullied anyone and I never will, I know how it feels
There is something very odd for me is that there are some people who were bullied before and become bullys themselves. I never understood that and never will.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:19 am

JonnyBGoode wrote:
When someone is incessantly ridiculed, put down, pushed around (literally or figuratively) by someone else. To me, it often seems an obsession on the part of the bully, to make the bull-ee's life miserable in every way they can.

I agree, I think it can become an obsessive type of behaviour. Bullies usually pick on those they consider to be weaker than themselves. They have often been bullied themselves as children.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:45 am

As I look back onto far too many years now, I think I can say that I never met a bully who was not also a coward.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 7:32 am

Why making other people miserable makes these people happy is beyond me. It's totally illogical, doing GOOD things for other people should make you feel good, NOT tearing them down!
Also, they shouldn't call US the bullies if we do anything but kiss their sorry asses and thank them profusely for all the BS they give us!

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 10:09 am

that's why I love to help people
gives me a warm feeling in my heart :D
bullies are bastards

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 11:00 am

I've been bullied since the age of 9.

God, 6 years of it, will it ever end?

I've learnt to ignore it, and answer back, which I'm very good at doing.

Sometimes, I get the feeling the cynicalism in the tone of my voice when someone tries to "piss around" with me.

They know what buttons to press with me, but slowly the buttons don't work anymore. I just can't show that I'm not bothered with the bullying and that I don't give a s**t.

I've stopped caring. :)