Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

natty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 1:02 pm

I was just wondering about peoples obsessions . Do you read about them constantly and do you retain that information easily ? or are you more practical and do your obsession , what i mean is for example if you enjoy art do you paint or visit galleries or do you just study using books /the net to learn about the various artists and there work in detail ?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 1:10 pm

My history obsession is more of a reading/taking in information one. Although I do go out to museums etc if that counts as doing anything.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 May 2007, 5:26 pm

this is going to sound totally wierd but i have "missing persons" obsessions, like i go to missing people websites and try to see if ive seen anyof them, sometimes it gets out of control. and i have bizzare fantasies about finding them 8O
haha :?

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 8:39 pm

I read about cats a lot and have a lot of cats of my own.

I read about Roger Bannister and watch a movie about his life. I haven't tried to emulate him by running or going to medical school. I'm too old for that, but I could follow his example by trying to be the best at what I do.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 3:29 am

Mixed. I read about history, but the
games that I used to play (mostly
historical) were somewhere in
between.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 3:37 am

Mixed. My Harry Potter obession involved learning all I can about the characters, books and author. But it also involved writing fanfiction, engaging in roleplay and collecting memorabilia...and raiding ebay lol.

Art... I don't read.. I look and I do. I do photography, but have no interest in reading the technical jargon unless i am thinking of buying a new camera.

As to my interest in serial killers.... :twisted: :lol:

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

21 May 2007, 4:30 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Mixed. My Harry Potter obession involved learning all I can about the characters, books and author. But it also involved writing fanfiction, engaging in roleplay and collecting memorabilia...and raiding ebay lol.

You could chat for hours with AussieBoy about Harry Potter. He's read all the Harry Potter books, dressed up as Harry Potter for dressup days at school, played the Harry Potter game, can recite long passages from Harry Potter books .....

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 4:47 am

Reading, mostly.

On sabbatical...

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 5:13 am

both
i read how to do it, do it and tell others how to do it (wether they like it or not).

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 7:08 am

I quess I'm more of a do'er.

Flake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2007, 8:41 am

Kosmonaut wrote:
(wether they like it or not).

:lol: