Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

mizkathy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2007, 7:02 pm

Am I the only aspie with a good sense of humor?

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 7:16 pm

I have a good sense of humor, at least I think I do anyway. People say I'm funny (though usually its when I'm not particularly trying to be funny) and my TV is almost always on Comedy Central.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 7:18 pm

I have a sense of humour. I don't know whether it's a good one though. Probably not.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 7:19 pm

I have a sick sense of humour.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 7:23 pm

I dunno I used to laugh almost everyday but nowadays I can hardly laugh at much of anything anymore, I think I might have blew a funny fuse :?

Last edited by Santa_Claus on 17 May 2007, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 8:18 pm

I think I have a pretty good sense of humor. It is based on observations of everyday life. I am not into memorizing scripted jokes.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 9:32 pm

I am told I have a good sense of humor....it is one of my most definitive traits...
I am always making people laugh anyhow...i can't describe the nature of it though...part childlike..part abstract....

sorta..funny...but don't know why...

like tonight I said

"the thing I like best about whiskey is it makes you feel better right away"

and for some reason Flakey burst out laughing.....

maybe it only appeals to certain people..

dunnow...

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 9:53 pm

I have an alright sense of humor, but I'm mostly just sarcastic about things, or a smartass-something I picked up from my mom... I get a kick out of a lot of things that I don't think were meant to be funny, and have a decent sense of humor when it comes to hearing jokes and such. I usually get them pretty quick.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 10:07 pm

Sense of humor? In my family, we call it the "joke gene". Boy did I ever get it! Both in the allelle!

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 10:13 pm

I have a strong sense of humor,though not sure if it is "good".

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 11:16 pm

I have a pretty surreal sense of humour. I laugh at things no one else finds funny, but a lot of comedians (especially nowadays) annoy me more than anything else. What poopylungstuffing said totally sounds like something I would say.

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 11:36 pm

ha,me too.Odd things can strike me as extremely funny."Comedy" is often simply dumb,though I may laugh about how unfunny it is.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 11:49 pm

Every once in a while I can be witty.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 1:59 pm

If I am making any joke, I never laugh at it. Generally I don't have much of a sense of humar. I believe that people with a good sense of humar are less trustworthy then those who do not.

Humar is a tool for manipulation and being indirect. Since Aspies or direct, they don't really need to have a good sense of human. They don't need to use humar to mock other people or win people over.

It is said that woman like man with a good sense of human, I guess it is because they have good social manipulation skills and can use that skill to get their own way. I guess that it is the same old thing, social skills are very important regards dating and relationships.

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 2:19 pm

It depends on who you ask...

Me: Oddly funny.
Friends: VERY funny.
Other people: Failing-at-funny.
Parents: No-idea-what-funny-is.

And believe it or not, people have actually told me all these.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 1:19 pm

In my case it looks this way - I have something what I called a sense of joke - and it's not the same what simply a sense of humour. I get only those jokes that are really vulgar and coarse :oops: :twisted: I know a lot of such jokes and funny stories and I often tell them to people. Recently my favourite one is a story of a boy who was lying in his bed in the night time, playing with himself while watching an adult film. Suddenly he heard his mum's steps so he quickly changed the channel at random and his mother had a unique occasion to see her son wanking while watching TV which was just showing Lech Kaczyński :twisted: Unfortunately I recall funny stories in the most inadequate situations - for example, a few weeks ago I was sitting in the classroom with other students, discussing the relationship between Mr Schaeffer and Tico Feo in Capote's "A diamond guitar" and suddenly I couldn't help but I started to smile widely :D (I myself don't know why). My teacher who knows me to be one of the most controversial people in our school :P grinned himself and said: "Magda is probably going to say something about gays" :D Maybe now when I'm writing about this, it doesn't seem to be so funny but in that moment all the people was staring at me as if I had just arrived from another planet :lol:
But I hate it when somebody makes laugh at me :evil: My face becames red and I want to strangle that person :evil: Unfortunately I've a cousin who is a prankster - he knows well that I tend to take things literally so he's still trying to bamboozle me.