Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 2:01 pm

I can tell a lie just as well as tell the truth, but most of the time I tell the truth when telling a lie would be more 'advantageous' or 'proper'. The few times that I've lied, however, nobody thought I was lying.

I mostly lie when I'm told to... or when people insist on saying something when I don't have something to say... (I do it so they'd leave me alone)

longNstrong
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 May 2007, 2:04 pm

I am not sure I believe you!

Shleed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2007, 2:06 pm

Like I said in a previous thread, I'm a compulsive liar. I lie when there's REALLY no need to.

But don't worry, I don't lie online. The rules of real-life social interaction makes me lie I guess.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:07 pm

I can lie as long as no one else in the world knows that I am lying.

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 2:25 pm

longNstrong wrote:

Are you joking or being serious? I told the truth back then. I don't see the point in lying on a subject such as lying.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:30 pm

Is there a strange habit where you live to say to somebody that answered a phone call:
"tell that I am not home" ?
Don't you answer like: he said he is not home?

Shleed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2007, 2:39 pm

Mushroom wrote:
longNstrong wrote:

Are you joking or being serious? I told the truth back then. I don't see the point in lying on a subject such as lying.

...I think he was joking.

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2007, 2:44 pm

I really hate lying but recently I have had to lie a lot (not on WP though). Not to gain anything from it or make myself look good or anything like that, but because I have to lie to certain people in my life who won't accept the truth. If I didn't lie to them about certain things then it would result in a fight that would send me into a panic attack.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:48 pm

That's funny because I can't lie at all. It is really difficult to deceive others without getting caught by my own reactions, later revealing the truth, or really regreting it later. I also can't steal or cheat. When I try to hide something, I usually spill it to someone later. The only acceptions being my big, personal secrets. The only lies that I'm capable of are small, little white lies that are unimportant.

Nellie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2007, 2:50 pm

I'm a terrible liar.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:55 pm

Yoshie777 wrote:
That's funny because I can't lie at all. It is really difficult to deceive others without getting caught by my own reactions, later revealing the truth, or really regreting it later. I also can't steal or cheat. When I try to hide something, I usually spill it to someone later. The only acceptions being my big, personal secrets. The only lies that I'm capable of are small, little white lies that are unimportant.

What I will tell you is a bed thing, anyway...

If we never lie we never notice other people can be lying, and if they know it they can lie a lot...

So, I think you should learn how to lie, and should practise it 8O

Things are strange...

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:06 pm

I don't lie as I feel really bad if I do.

I also don't think I'm very good at it.

What frustrates me is that because of my body language and eye contact issues etc. people tend not to believe me even though I pretty much always tell the truth.

As for those people who are good at lying but don't like to do it - that is probably because you are good people who know that lying is not a good thing to do.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:09 pm

Neuromancer wrote:
Yoshie777 wrote:

What I will tell you is a bed thing, anyway...

If we never lie we never notice other people can be lying, and if they know it they can lie a lot...

So, I think you should learn how to lie, and should practise it 8O

Things are strange...

Actually, my family taught me how to catch some people in a lie. My brothers are sometimes the worst and most frequent liars.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:30 pm

I abhor lies.
I can lie if I totally have to but it makes me feel very guilty and uncomfortable so I avoid it.
Lies is one of my big issues, I never trust those who lie.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:42 pm

I use to never be able to lie Ever bout anything, I couldn't even lie about dropping a tissue on the ground, it was bad. One day when I was about 17, I told myself to just lie stop telling the truth, everybody was getting annoyed with me, so I forced myself to lie, now I do lie about stuff like where I was, but then usually about a day later I always confess, and go back on my lies haha.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 4:01 pm

I've been told that I'm too honest for my own good,which is probably true. I'd only lie if it was
to avoid hurting someone's feelings as I think if you lie to be malicious it will eventually
rebound on you.