Has anyone every asked you what you need help with....

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 12:04 pm

Has anyone ever asked you what you need help with when you are stressed out?

I always respond with 5 or 6 things (in my mind they are all combined as one thing, easily) and when I look up, they're just standing there looking at me like I've lost my mind. Apparantly when this happens, I rattle off only parts of what I'm meaning to say, or they sound like a ton of things because of the way I word it-in my mind, it all makes perfect sense and they all intertwine. It's really frustrating because then I have to figure out how to word it so that it makes sense rather than visualizing it in my head. I usually just wind up doing whatever it was myself, lol.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 May 2007, 2:27 pm

sometimes my mom askes me every couple of months or so, "do you want me to call the case manager?" uhh no thanks

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 2:31 pm

lol, I normally say no I can do it myself, but if I'm stressed and trying to focus on more than one thing, it gets complicated. Asking someone to help wash the dishes comes out as "well, I have this, this, and this to do, if you could do the dishes, then I can do the laundry and make dinner, and that would be a lot of help, or you can blah blah blah blah blah" lol. Bf just looks at me after it and says "so what did you want me to do?" or he'll just sit there and after a bit he'll realize I was thinking out loud, and that my random thought of "if you did this then I could...." was actually me asking for help, lol.

Damn overthinking.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 3:52 pm

I do not recall anyone asking me this.....but, since you asked:

I am fantasizing for a channel pipette (for my lab), and maybe a centrifuge that's NOT unbalanced so I do not have to lay on it! Personally, I would like a boyfriend - but I am choosy. Willing to settle/or negotiate a bit on this one though.

The only thing I would like help with (I do not otherwise rely upon anyone) is for assistance during a bad meltdown. And maybe for NT to not be so harsh. Again, just fantasizing. Right now I would like someone to fix me an omelet for brunch. Does that count?

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:13 am

Do you need help with something?

Last edited by BazzaMcKenzie on 25 May 2007, 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:27 am

Yeah…on the half yearly disability notice thing, it asked me if there was anything that could help me to better function in society, I wrote:

A new brain.

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:28 am

On the very rare occasion I'm asked, and I do need help, I usually ask for more detail in the task,.

I need to be told stuff in detail or I miss things that most people would catch and fix.

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:42 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Yeah…on the half yearly disability notice thing, it asked me if there was anything that could help me to better function in society, I wrote:

A new brain.

Why don't you ask for a guide dog .... I mean person? Now I'm trying to think of how you would put that in legalise? You need an intelligent companion for half a day, paid by the government, who can assist you to pursue your intersts in society. It's only the front of your brain that gives you social problems, isn't it? All the rest of the brain is a highly functioning, multi- talented entity.

It's always hard to ask for help and to understand what kind you need.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 3:16 am

nannarob wrote:
It's always hard to ask for help and to understand what kind you need.

Guide human…, ha, that’s really funny. It’d probably cost them far more in financial outlay, not worth it for them.... :wink: I doubt it’d work much anyway…the effort required on their part would need to be astronomical and universal and I couldn’t ask anyone for that much help, for example: it took my mother and my grade I teacher by completely holding my hand over the Christmas holidays for me to finally learn to read due to not being able to absorb things I’m not obsessed over (it’s as if it doesn’t exist to me at all; it’s hard to understand, but that’s how it is).

Yeah...apart from the social retardation [with its co-morbid diseases] and learning difficulties; I’m frosty.... Sometimes it's hard to see past the single negative, the single flaw rather than the whole piece.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 6:44 am

[quote="Danielismyname Yeah...apart from the social retardation [with its co-morbid diseases] and learning difficulties; I’m frosty.... Sometimes it's hard to see past the single negative, the single flaw rather than the whole piece.[/quote]

Do you think you will ever be able to ignore the flaw if you are aware of this failure? Is that your depression kicking in? Is this question too hard? And I think I am off topic.

Once I had to ask for help - back on topic again - and I had to learn to do with less than perfection. When ever I was doing a task, it had to be right. It's taken about 20 years to relax standards, and you know, nobody else cared.

I realise I'm dealing with big issues here, but I go in where angels fear to tread.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 8:30 am

nannarob,

Every question is too hard for me. :)

Every time I see someone in a medium other than bytes and ink; I'm reminded of who I am, every time I think of someone I'm reminded of who I am; everything I know about humanity, every thought I see, speak and succumb to I'm reminded of who I am. I am this flaw when this flaw defines me in situations that I think of and "try" to partake in (my whole life has been one giant "attempt"). I'm not depressed, no..., I'm still afraid; that's how I can tell if I'm depressed or not.

It's on topic; it's just no one can help me because my "flaw" is something that doesn't exist; you cannot help something that's not there.