Page 5 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

BobTheMartian
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2009, 2:01 am

mitharatowen wrote:
This isn't a real picture but I think this looks really awesome:

Ooooh... That makes me want to get that done myself! And start doing intense aerobics >.<

The 3-D spider also looks awesome. I'd love to freak people out with it and make them think it's real at first :P

Anyway, I already made a thread of my own about my tattoo, but I might as well post it here too for good measure.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 5:36 am

Beenthere wrote:
Who resurected this thread? :lol:

I have a spider tatooed above my ankle.

Thought it might be an interesting topic of conversation for the orderlies when I'm so old I'm gumming my food in the personal care home. :wink:

I think it was me. Why?

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 8:21 am

BobTheMartian wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
This isn't a real picture but I think this looks really awesome:

Ooooh... That makes me want to get that done myself! And start doing intense aerobics >.<

The 3-D spider also looks awesome. I'd love to freak people out with it and make them think it's real at first :P

Anyway, I already made a thread of my own about my tattoo, but I might as well post it here too for good measure.

I like it - cool and clean

and if i`m not way off that should mean "whos watching the guards?"
or something like that

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 1:38 pm

Why is it that so many self-righteous judgmental haters have responded to this thread, when the original post never asked for opinions?

"You're going to wear that for the rest of your life!"
(said the redwood to the fruit fly)

What's it going to look like when you're eighty?
(saggy and wrinkled, like the rest of your body. You planning on entering beauty contests at the nursing home?)

Art, whether on canvas, or skin, is art. You won't like everything you see - we all know what opinions are like - but badmouthing an entire art form just because you don't understand it's appeal only demonstrates your own ignorance and intolerant nature.

I once saw a sign in a tattoo shop that said:

"The difference between tattooed people and those without ink - people who have tattoos don't discriminate against those who don't."

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 1:44 pm

Willard wrote:
Why is it that so many self-righteous judgmental haters have responded to this thread, when the original post never asked for opinions?

"You're going to wear that for the rest of your life!"
(said the redwood to the fruit fly)

What's it going to look like when you're eighty?
(saggy and wrinkled, like the rest of your body. You planning on entering beauty contests at the nursing home?)

Art, whether on canvas, or skin, is art. You won't like everything you see - we all know what opinions are like - but badmouthing an entire art form just because you don't understand it's appeal only demonstrates your own ignorance and intolerant nature.

I once saw a sign in a tattoo shop that said:

"The difference between tattooed people and those without ink - people who have tattoos don't discriminate against those who don't."

so true!

and I really don't get how wrinkled skin is supposed to look better than inked and wrinkled skin!

I have plans for whole back tattoo, one sleeve and ankle and no one is going to convince me to drop it.

your body is your temple- decorate it! :D

zerooftheday
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2009, 7:59 pm

I have two tattoos. One is the Sword of Truth from the book series of the same name on my left upper arm. The other is the Eagle Scout rank badge on my right upper arm.

I'm hoping to get a few more: A cross tattoo on my chest, over my heart, the Wolf Clan crest from the Battletech universe on my upper left chest, the letters "STR8 EDGE" on my knuckles, and the words "Deserve Victory" down each side of my SoT tattoo.

I was worried I'd regret getting tattoos, but since it takes forever to scrape up enough cash to get one, I figure that if I've wanted a tattoo for well over a year, I'm not likely to regret it.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 1:25 am

I really love some of the tattoo artwork even though I have not got any myself. I don't think I will ever make up my mind what I would tattoo on myself so I guess I will never get one. Some designs I may like for while and soon get sick of them and that has always been the way. So I think if there is a bit of tattoo artwork you like just use it as your computer wallpaper for at least a year before you get yourself inked with it and if you are still not sick of the design the go ahead. The only thing is I cannot ever get used to neck tattoos or knuckle tattoos but I guess each to their own.
Some tattoos can be really confronting like I just happened to see a really tough looking guy last weekend with the words "What are You F***ing Looking at?"( except the "F" word was in full) tattooed on his neck and I soon got the message and looked away.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

09 Sep 2009, 3:55 pm

I have a portrait of Kurt playing his guitar (from MTV Unplugged) on the top of one arm, and a head-and-shoulders portrait of him on the other. The second one now has a surround of lilies, and I'm getting the same done on the other one later this month. I want a big backpiece as well, but that's for later...

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 6:29 pm

I have 5 tattoos - Sign of Saturn, purple moon/flower, cat kanji (Yes I actually do know Japanese), Takashi Murakami flower, and a V (for vegan.) I have several more planned, including sleeves and a full backpiece.

lithium73
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2009, 7:28 pm

I have a couple, a large helm of awe symbol on my back and 'broken' on my wrist. I will be getting many more i find the process very therapeutic and i fell asleep while getting the back one done. I think girls with sleeves look awesome and girls with tattoos definitely catch my eye. I love the rockabilly style look.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:11 am

I was thinking of putting my family coat arms on my forarm for a while. A big eagle on my back would look pretty awsome too with its wings extended to the backs of my arms so that when I turn around and lift my arms up it would look like it is about to take flight.

ottorocketforever
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2009, 6:52 pm

I have one, of Otto Rocket on my right leg! :)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Dec 2009, 10:35 pm

lithium73 wrote:
I have a couple, a large helm of awe symbol on my back and 'broken' on my wrist. I will be getting many more i find the process very therapeutic and i fell asleep while getting the back one done. I think girls with sleeves look awesome and girls with tattoos definitely catch my eye. I love the rockabilly style look.

I can relate to your experience with getting tattooed---about finding it therapeutic and relaxing. That's the way I perceive it. I have 8 tattoos so far (2 on my back, 2 on my arms, 3 on my chest/stomach, and 1 on my leg). I get very relaxed while getting tattooed. It's interesting really---the tattoo is relaxing, but the little paper cut on my finger can be torture.

cat42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2009, 5:55 am

well age 42 i already have 12 tattoos , and am in the process of having a large vine done which will spread over most of my body.
i love it , and the fact it makes me stand out doesnt bother me , ive never been too concerned what people think of me .
i also have bright red dyed hair and wear a lot of leather, and yeah , maybe all this is my suit of armor to stop too many people bothering me lol, but at the end of the day im a self employed artist now, dont have to conform to anyone elses dress codes or ideals, and i like my body art, its pretty to me.
i also have lots of piercings, and yes i enjoy the pain , or rather i enjoy the feeling of having managed to with stand the pain in order to gain some awesome art mods to my body.

ottorocketforever
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2009, 6:38 pm

What do you think? :)

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 9:06 pm

I have the Dark Mark from Harry Potter, plus two others.

And my tongue is pierced. Its for me. I don't have any other piercings but I use the tongue ring to entertain myself and absorb some of my constant fidgeting.