Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 1:26 am

Just thinking this last night. I was going to post but I was in bed.

Would you say I'm obsessed with U2 because if you look at my collection I have all the albums on CD. I also have The Complete U2 downloaded of iTunes which has all their albums all their singles with B-Sides some remixes and a couple of Live audio concerts also I have DVDs of them

I also since I started wearing Contact Lenses instead of glasses go around wearing Sunglasses which looks like Bono style sunglasses someone noticed that my Sunglasses look like Bono's and they didn't know I like U2 I wear them out in all weathers as well

Am I obsessed

tolga7t
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2007, 2:17 am

no. you just really like U2. Just like I really like Pink Floyd.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 2:38 am

Actually I'm about to go to work now the weather is cloudy with a few spots of rain and yes I'm going to walk along the high street with my Sunglasses on if you live around the Chatham area and around this time of the morning and you see someone in a black coat and Bright blue Sunglasses its me and that is what I'm about to do

Oh yeah at work once I put them on and started talking in an Irish accent

krex
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 2:43 am

Yes your obsessed and be greatful it's not an obsession with expensive cars or cheerleaders(also expensive). :D

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 May 2007, 11:33 am

im obsessed with the bands emperor and immortal.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 11:41 am

Nothing wrong in being obsessed Mac!! :wink:

I'll tell my sister-in-law to look out for a Bono lookalike - she lives in Chatham. :)

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2007, 6:28 pm

Yes, you're obsessed, but as others have said, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Even totally sane people have special interests.

WildMan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2007, 7:01 pm

When I was in the 9th grade, me and my best friend at the time were profoundly obsessed with Gwar.

We bought, borrowed, or stole every last album or piece of paraphanelia we could get our hands on, and we were waiting for a chance to go and see them. I remember hearing all these crazy rumors, about how suicidal people volunteered to be butchered on stage with the body parts being flung at the crowd, how people regularly got beaten to death in the mosh pit (that happened once at a Gwar show, and has happened several times at Slayer shows), how they would turn up the indoor heat to 150 degrees with some kind of furnace in order to simulate hell, how they sprayed the crowd with real human blood while lying to the authorities that it was fake, how they had full-blown ritual orgies on stage that lucky people picked from the crowd got to participate in, how you had to be well-connected to get into their shows because of how illegal it all was, and so on and so forth.

Hey, when you're thirteen and stupid... you're willing to believe just about anything that titilates so.

We memorized the entire Gwar mythos, as had been provided in liner notes and other materials. And we were always doodling in our notebooks and drawing pictures at home of the members of Gwar going on bloody rampages.

Yeah, we were obsessed. But as far as I know, the other dude wasn't an Aspie.

Phssthpok
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2007, 7:10 pm

An obsession is when you know every lyric to every song and every bit of text in every cd insert exactly what studio it was recorded at and also the location and date of every concert u2 has every performed and how many people attended and the price of the tickets. Having all the CDs and knowing a bit of trivia means you like their music.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 7:36 pm

well im into modest mouse at the moment.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 8:29 pm

Some would say my interest in Roger Bannister borders on an obsession. The fact that I'm a 42 year old American woman who is interested in him makes it unusual. I have read books about him, visited websites and have the DVD of Four Minutes. Jamie MacLachlan, the actor who plays Bannister, looks a great deal like Bannister in his 20s. I want to go to the Olympic Games in 2012 in London to meet him. I have also written a fan letter to him. (He didn't respond of course. Why would he want to respond to a nobody like me?)

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 1:24 am

Shall I add that I know every track on every album what month they were released oh yeah all there singles I know what B-Side is on what I yes I do know what recording studio they recorded there albums and on my favourites on the Internet I have found a website with all there setlists for all there concerts even some concert from before they were even famous

vodzy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2007, 1:46 am

I'm a collector too.
Any band I really like, I endeavour to own all their material, every album, every b-side.

Autumn_Shade
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2007, 2:41 am

I think you should just accept that you are obsessed, and enjoy it. 8)

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2007, 9:19 am

I think Bono is God, but I'm not obsessed or anything... 8)

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 9:33 am

unnamed wrote:
I think Bono is God, but I'm not obsessed or anything... 8)

:o What does that make Craig? :wink: I guess he's just an angel............. :roll: :lol: