Infamous Serial Killer Jeffrey Dahmer May Have Had AS

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2005, 12:46 pm

I resist being a crazed murderer regardless of how tempting it is. Some people are just stupid and don't know when to stop. All I need is someone to push me over the edge and I'll have fallen into insanity. Luckily, I have a very high tolerance for idiots.

As for the Unabomber, maybe I just came to the conclusion that he wasn't AS after reading about him. I'll have to find the thread...or not... :roll:

ManureMental
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jun 2005, 3:52 pm

bec wrote

Quote:
Are you saying that someone with AS is incapable of doing what Dahmer did? Just because someone has AS doesn't automatically make them a good person. There are probably people with AS who do horrible things, like murder.

my answer to this is an obvious no , someone with AS is probably very capable of committing such an offence and probably more likely to get away with it as well, being more devious than most it would more likely be the perfect crime- Having AS also will not make a person automatically good, as we all know good and bad exist side by side throughout all walks of life, irregardless of religion creed and colour, one mans freedom fighter is another mans mercenary.
I think having read about Dahmer, I dont think he had AS, it is so easy and quick for people to say someone has AS when they are dead, It's so much harder trying to get the same diagnosis for someone when they are alive it takes forever to say that you have it.

Aspies rock.................

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2005, 3:59 pm

I agree ManureMental.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2005, 12:57 am

ManureMental wrote:
bec wrote
Quote:
Are you saying that someone with AS is incapable of doing what Dahmer did? Just because someone has AS doesn't automatically make them a good person. There are probably people with AS who do horrible things, like murder.

my answer to this is an obvious no , someone with AS is probably very capable of committing such an offence and probably more likely to get away with it as well, being more devious than most it would more likely be the perfect crime- Having AS also will not make a person automatically good, as we all know good and bad exist side by side throughout all walks of life, irregardless of religion creed and colour, one mans freedom fighter is another mans mercenary.
I think having read about Dahmer, I dont think he had AS, it is so easy and quick for people to say someone has AS when they are dead, It's so much harder trying to get the same diagnosis for someone when they are alive it takes forever to say that you have it.

Aspies rock.................

Good point.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 3:50 am

dahmer must have had quite good social skills to persuade his victims to go back to his home with him. also, from what i've heard of his deeds, not only was he a liar but he was a very proficient liar.
i hope he doesn't have AS because i've always prided myself on my sensitivity and high moral standards- i would hate to think that i, or someone like myself, could be capable of such a vicious crime. having said that, i did used to wish i could get revenge on the people who used to bully me at school but i've never felt inclined to act upon it.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 9:13 am

Quote:
i hope he doesn't have AS because i've always prided myself on my sensitivity and high moral standards- i would hate to think that i, or someone like myself, could be capable of such a vicious crime. having said that, i did used to wish i could get revenge on the people who used to bully me at school but i've never felt inclined to act upon it.

One aspie is not all aspies, just as one NT is not all NTs.

I never saw the point in vengence. It always seemed like a waste of time and energy to me.