Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 9:05 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 9:16 am

Is that a kind of exotic cloth?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 1:30 pm

Good for you, Anti. Don't forget to eat healthy, too. ;)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 1:53 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 7:50 pm

Good work.

Excersise makes you feel better, too. Damn I should really take my own advice.

Thumbs up to you.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 7:52 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 1:32 am

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help! This used to be an obsession of mine.

-Keith

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 12:18 pm

I've been curious for the past year or so... What is the worth of a stone??? (in pounds would be helpful so I can remain lazy and not have to use my unit conversion program).

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 1:57 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 4:51 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 5:10 pm

AntiEverything wrote:
Appendix for non-British posters:

* Microwavable fries in a box.
** 5 slices of cured and cooked turkey and pork sausage which appear in the form of a cartoon bear character's face (including ears, eyes, nose and mouth - which can be teared out separately) and come in a packet.
*** Baked fries.

Whew! I'm glad you posted these explanations. :wink: I was feeling really ignorant! LOL

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 12:56 am

Anti, do you like fruit and vegetables? They can be good for people on a diet.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 8:25 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 11:19 am

AntiEverything wrote:
Anyone else dieting?

Yes, I've been following the Weight Watchers diet since I was 15, I think, though I had a couple of sabbaticals (during which I gained weight). I don't eat "healthy" but this is not the diet's fault but mine, and it still works to maintain a healthy weight for me, and I do make a point to eat SOME "healthy" food every day. On this system, you can actually live on junk, just tiny amounts of it, but of course, DON'T. (Do as I say, not as I do!) The point system appeals to me greatly, especially since when I went on it I was pretty much fresh out of a residential treatment program that had a behavior modification point system for behavior. At any rate, not counting the fluctuations, I have been the same height since I was 15 but have lost about 50 lbs, and am now basically trying to maintain my weight (and staying around the same 5-lb range, so it's working).

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 3:08 pm

AntiEverything wrote:
Tonight I weight 12 stone. That's 2 pounds shed in a day. I'm happy with that result.

I made a mistake when I wrote I eat two meals of Micro Chips* and Billy Bear** a day. Actually I have something different for my dinner. Yesterday it was Oven Chips*** and today it was 5 ounces of Brown Rice with Soy Sauce.

** 5 slices of cured and cooked turkey and pork sausage which appear in the form of a cartoon bear character's face (including ears, eyes, nose and mouth - which can be teared out separately) and come in a packet.
*** Baked fries.

Wow, that is a lot of potatoes. Fries are great-tasting, but nutritionally they are next to worthless.

I'm not one of those low-carb dieters, so I'm not criticizing the high amount of carbs in your diet. Because we should all realize that caloric intake is the bottom-line most important factor of any weight-loss diet. But, I think you should take some kind of vitamin/mineral suppliment.

-Keith

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 7:55 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
AntiEverything wrote:
Tonight I weight 12 stone. That's 2 pounds shed in a day. I'm happy with that result.

I made a mistake when I wrote I eat two meals of Micro Chips* and Billy Bear** a day. Actually I have something different for my dinner. Yesterday it was Oven Chips*** and today it was 5 ounces of Brown Rice with Soy Sauce.

*** Baked fries.

Wow, that is a lot of potatoes. Fries are great-tasting, but nutritionally they are next to worthless.

I'm not one of those low-carb dieters, so I'm not criticizing the high amount of carbs in your diet. Because we should all realize that caloric intake is the bottom-line most important factor of any weight-loss diet. But, I think you should take some kind of vitamin/mineral suppliment.

-Keith

Caloric reduction is definitely the big factor, but don't forget- if you restrict food intake without exercising, you won't lose as much weight, nor will you lose it as fast, as if you were execrising. This is not only because it "burns" what you eat but also because it ups your metabolism in general. Hale_bopp mentioned this, but exercise is actually just a part of my routine now and makes me feel less guilty. ;)

Another odd thing is that you WILL plateau at some point and not lose weight for awhile, even if you're consistant. This happens to almost everyone and doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, nessessarily. I think it has something to do with your body readjusting the weight it "wants" to be at. If you are a certain weight for a long period of time, your body will strongly resist weighing less and also mildly resist weighing more.

Anyway, that's my ramble, I'd better cut it short now...