Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 7:55 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
AntiEverything wrote:
Tonight I weight 12 stone. That's 2 pounds shed in a day. I'm happy with that result.

I made a mistake when I wrote I eat two meals of Micro Chips* and Billy Bear** a day. Actually I have something different for my dinner. Yesterday it was Oven Chips*** and today it was 5 ounces of Brown Rice with Soy Sauce.

Appendix for non-British posters:

* Microwavable fries in a box.
** 5 slices of cured and cooked turkey and pork sausage which appear in the form of a cartoon bear character's face (including ears, eyes, nose and mouth - which can be teared out separately) and come in a packet.
*** Baked fries.

Wow, that is a lot of potatoes. Fries are great-tasting, but nutritionally they are next to worthless.

I'm not one of those low-carb dieters, so I'm not criticizing the high amount of carbs in your diet. Because we should all realize that caloric intake is the bottom-line most important factor of any weight-loss diet. But, I think you should take some kind of vitamin/mineral suppliment.

-Keith

Caloric reduction is definitely the big factor, but don't forget- if you restrict food intake without exercising, you won't lose as much weight, nor will you lose it as fast, as if you were execrising. This is not only because it "burns" what you eat but also because it ups your metabolism in general. Hale_bopp mentioned this, but exercise is actually just a part of my routine now and makes me feel less guilty. ;)

Another odd thing is that you WILL plateau at some point and not lose weight for awhile, even if you're consistant. This happens to almost everyone and doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, nessessarily. I think it has something to do with your body readjusting the weight it "wants" to be at. If you are a certain weight for a long period of time, your body will strongly resist weighing less and also mildly resist weighing more.

Anyway, that's my ramble, I'd better cut it short now...

AegNuddel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2006, 9:34 am

Americans now have microwavable fries too... Ore-Ida Easy Fries! Love 'em... :)

hybrid
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2006, 9:54 am

huh, this thread is totally changed into "deleted" stuff and the name of the OP changed?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 10:02 am

I've never heard of the "Deleted' diet. Is it where you eliminate all food and thus delete all fat?