Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 4:10 pm

I think - though not sure - that Tayto NI bought the Golden Wonder plant. Bensons haven't been available for years.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 5:10 pm

agmoie wrote:
I used to like Golden Wonder and Bensons,I think both are no longer in production.

You must be really old like me, I used to love Golden Wonder.

I am old enough to remember the original blue bag of salt you used to get before they invented Ready Salted. It wasn't really a bag, it was a bit of blue paper with some salt in it which must have been screwed up at one end by hand.

There must have been factory loads of workers all lined up doing nothing all day except putting salt into bits of paper.

All for my enjoyment of Golden Wonder plain crisps :D

imipak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2007, 5:49 pm

Back when Not The Nine O'Clock News was popular (I'm old), there were hedgehog-flavor crisps.

I know there have been many, many other weird flavors, but I don't recall what some of the more extreme ones were.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 6:11 pm

Hedgehog flavor = scary (but fun?)

I think most who posted here are British....but here on the left side of the planet (very far up in my case) we have Cheetos. They're considered very 'low class,' (not something you bring to a fancy cocktail party). They're bright orange, puffy, made primarily with oil of unknown origin, very salty, and taste like plastic cheese.

Here's a tip: Trans fat, single bond molecules, are man-made so foods will not expire since bacteria will not eat the stuff. If bacteria will not eat trans fat, neither should you. It's very bad for your health. The Voldemort of food processing.

I almost never eat Cheetos, but they turn your fingers orange and the dye does not wash off - ever.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 3:08 am

Tequila wrote:
The best crisps come from Ireland and are called Tayto Cheese and Onion. End of discussion. :D ;)

Intuitively, I would think the Irish crisps should be best, if that's not a racist remark - lol

Do you get "Smiths Crisps" in the UK? I like them best.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 6:39 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Tequila wrote:
The best crisps come from Ireland and are called Tayto Cheese and Onion. End of discussion. :D ;)

Intuitively, I would think the Irish crisps should be best, if that's not a racist remark - lol

Do you get "Smiths Crisps" in the UK? I like them best.

Salt and Shake? They were taken over by Walkers. Not as good anymore. Incidentally, Tayto are doing their own salt and shake variant. I bought some from the local supermarket yesterday and they weren't bad.

imipak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2007, 11:38 am

LabPet wrote:
Hedgehog flavor = scary (but fun?)

I think most who posted here are British....but here on the left side of the planet (very far up in my case) we have Cheetos. They're considered very 'low class,' (not something you bring to a fancy cocktail party). They're bright orange, puffy, made primarily with oil of unknown origin, very salty, and taste like plastic cheese.

Here's a tip: Trans fat, single bond molecules, are man-made so foods will not expire since bacteria will not eat the stuff. If bacteria will not eat trans fat, neither should you. It's very bad for your health. The Voldemort of food processing.

I almost never eat Cheetos, but they turn your fingers orange and the dye does not wash off - ever.

I would question the claim that we do not know the origin of the oil used. In Oregon, I have noticed a very high correlation between Jiffy Lube places for replacing engine oil and places that sell either fast food or other oil-rich products. Surely this can't be coincidence!

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 2:40 pm

mmmmmm, crisps :D

I'll eat ANY flavour crisps, bring 'em on :D

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 3:02 pm

How do you like to eat your crisps?

I like to put loads in my mouth at once; you get a better crunch like that :lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 3:07 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
I liked the thicker kettle cooked chips.

The kind that almost chip a tooth? Ya, I like them too. Seriously.