I've stopped having Meltdowns!! !! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 12:30 pm

I have noticed recently in the last week that I don't seem to have meltdowns anymore and I am constantly on the go without getting stressed or anxious. But in times when I would have a meltdown of some kind I tend to get very bored instead it is a good thing I also been looking around alot more and am aware of things alot more as well

It is great.
Also people say I look and seem different as well!! !! :D :D :D :D :D

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 1:01 pm

good luck :) I hope it does last for you. I went for almost a month with no meltdowns (well, around people I didn't have any, and I could figure out what caused the others I think), but last night I caved and had one, lol. Ah well, it is still a nice feeling to not feel so spastic :)

I'm my own guinea pig.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 1:38 pm

Even people I work with now are telling me that it's great to see me walking around smiling and that it makes a change from me looking serious all the time as well.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2007, 3:38 pm

Heh, the work thing rings a bell, i used to freak much usually because I had no room for my frieght cause the higlifts were not movin it, i decided, its better for my health not to freak, of course thats 1 situation, i have a ton of others, but ya, it looks bad when u r the only 1 in the room freakin when everyone has the same problem, im trying to blend in a bit more, take it slower, less serious, but still be productive.

longNstrong
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2007, 9:47 pm

Why did you stop having the meltdowns? I am starting to have them again and I need to tips to help me out!

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 12:58 am

What I have learnt is to relax a bit more when I go to work especially in the last week I have been very laid back but any moments when I have meltdowns I get extremely bored which and to be honest I'd rather be bored then have a Meltdown also I have just got over a break down and when I was having that break down I was getting meltdowns all the time.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

03 Aug 2007, 3:18 am

Sounds like you are doing well... :D

Lets just hope it stays that way.
Good Luck :D

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

03 Aug 2007, 4:36 pm

Great. My 7 year old stopped having meltdowns after his IEP was put in place and he started CBT with a psychologist.

My 9 year old's meltdowns have improved heaps over the last 2 weeks. He used to have numerous meltdowns after school (after bottling it up at school all day).

Two weeks ago a new system was put in place at school. 15 minutes before school finishes he goes and talks to the Special Ed teacher. They discuss what good things happened at school, and what bad things happened at school. So he gets it all out of his system.

On Tuesday, the Special Ed teacher couldn't see him because an emergency came up. So my 9 year old had a HUGE meltdown at home. Shows how well this system is working.

Helen

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 12:13 pm

Now if only i can without counting all prime numbers up to 50,000 in my
head.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 1:28 pm

When I was depressed about a month ago and I was having Meltdowns nearly everyday I usually say how I feel but the problems would still be playing on my mind and that is what caused the Meltdowns. Or the other thing that caused it as well is if I got stressed or angry at something or someone.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Aug 2007, 9:49 pm

great news guy :D