Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 8:37 am

I went to a Lower Sixth form dance (this was when I was about 17), and spent most of the evening off on the sidelines with a guy who would become one of my best friends, swapping misery and watching him drunkenly try to light a candle with his cigarette :P

I don't remember much else about it, which should tell you something...

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 3:33 pm

When the time came for Senior Prom, I didn't have a date and I knew they'd play crappy rap music with the woofer up super loud.

So I just stayed home and watched "Munich" instead.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 3:38 pm

My prom's coming up, as I'm leaving school in May, which I'm not going to.

Why should I say bye to people who have picked on me and rejected me from them?

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 9:22 pm

I wanted to go to prom but I didn't. It would have been nice to be able to at least do something with someone that night even if it wasn't going to the event itself. Everyone that I knew were going with another group (or doing something else with some other people) and I knew it wasn't exactly polite to invite yourself along, plus I didn't want to go by myself. I tried implying it but I don't think anyone really noticed or wanted me to go with them. It was even worse when everyone kept talking about their experiences of that weekend; I just wanted to forget about it. I didn't care about prom in itself but rather the wanting to be involved with a group of people even if it were small. On a positive note, I did, however, do all the extra homework that teachers usually assign before prom though lol. My diligence payed off and now I'm going to a private university in the Fall with almost all the expenses payed for.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 9:34 pm

My prom was held down on the beach. None of my friends were Seniors, so I decided it would really be a waste of time. I surfed all day and then showed up in a tank top and swim trunks with salty hair. On of the junior girls taking tickets was a cute Filipino girl who had a crush on me, so she let me in. I went over and grabbed some food, flipped off some a***holes I hated, and walked out. I'd say my five minutes at prom was a blast.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 9:47 pm

I don't remember it. I was to liquored up and smoke some weed. Maybe that's why I never receive invites to reunions.

TheTraditionalFrog
Raven
Raven

19 Aug 2007, 2:40 pm

BazzaMcKenzie,

The boarding school I went to was small. There was only enough dorm space to accommodate 90 students at any one given time. Unless a student left or was expelled (the latter was rare), new students were on a waiting list pending an opening.

The school was year round with 4 holidays about every 4 months of a fortnight duration, at which time the school closed down (usually for maintenance, building projects, etc.). Outside of that students were able to take a 4 day holiday for Thanksgiving if they desired (most did) and funerals, etc.

Usually new students started at the end of the summer term prior to the beginning of the academic year or Autumn term. Usually though there were only about 6 to 10 new students every year.

From what I gather, the school has a slightly larger student body now. If I had the money and resources, I would contact the school and arrange to pay a visit over a weekend. It would be interesting to see what has remained the same and what has changed. I do know the dorm I lived in the last two years is now a girls dorm. Unfortunate, as I will most likely not be permitted to visit it.

Enough of my ramble. I grown nostalgic thinking about those days.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:51 pm

Nonexistent. I didn't want to go to the "prom". Ahh, but the Royal Albert Hall proms, I should go there sometime.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 3:00 pm

Never did it... ain't my style. :P lol nah just couldn't be bothered really... didn't have much to look forward to at the prom anyways.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 3:08 pm

Never went and don't regret not going either. I went to one dance in 7th grade because my NT parents forced me to go. I had the most miserable experience and ended up leaving early. For my senior prom I went to see Rush instead. They were in the next city on the same night. Rush was at their peak and it was a night I'll never forget. My

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 3:08 pm

Never went and don't regret not going either. I went to one dance in 7th grade because my NT parents forced me to go. I had the most miserable experience and ended up leaving early. For my senior prom I went to see Rush instead. They were in the next city on the same night. Rush was at their peak and it was a night I'll never forget. My brother went to his junior and senior proms and ended up just wasting his time and money.

TheTraditionalFrog
Raven
Raven

19 Aug 2007, 4:09 pm

Anubis,

In regard to the BBC Proms....

Being in the States, I listen on Radio 3 via internet. I'm glad the BBC has this service!

I love the Proms, especially the Last Night when the patriotic music plays. Have to turn down the volume though when they do the ship whistle thingy!

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Aug 2007, 12:04 am

We have two dinner dances, one in year 11 and one in year 13. They're both compulsory. :(

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 12:10 pm

Sapphires wrote:
We have two dinner dances, one in year 11 and one in year 13. They're both compulsory. :(

I still wouldn't go!

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2007, 4:49 pm

I don't know why I went to mine. I did not really have any friends, the person I liked at the time was too busy talking to cool people to even notice me. I was very panicky and it was just a waste of money. It also made me relise how much people disliked me.
I feel unhappy now. :?