Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AiMaiMii
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2007, 5:20 pm

I used to wear baggy cloths all the time. I'm 6ft, 165lbs average build, wear size 33'' pants, small to medium size shirts currently. Two years ago and before I used to year baggy stuff, like 40'' pants and XXL shirts. ^^;; I found them comfortable and still do in some ways, but I never wear big stuff like that. Plus I kind of like having stuff that fits me now...I feel a sense of power when I have a wear a beater under my normal shirts (which are normaly small~medium).

When it comes to colors, I've always prefered dark stuff. Right now I normaly wear blue jeans and a black shirt. Somtimes I'll wear something different, but 70% it's always black jeans and a black shirt. If I could afford to change my whole wardrobe I would buy everything all black, stuff thats business-casual and sporting cloths (I like how basketball shorts feel, but not really appropriate for occasions outside of exercise).

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 1:28 am

I used to have a lot trouble going from summer clothes to winter clothes and vice versa. It's still hard for me to get used to long pants when I've been wearing shorts for several months. I sometimes put off switching to long pants until it becomes too cold to bear. Sometimes I resist switching to shorts in the spring but that transition is considerably easier.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:44 am

I'm the same way. If something doesn't fit right, if the texture is bad, if the image on my shirt doesn't sit in the center for some reason, I get very annoyed and will not be able to find something that fits comfortably from that point on. I finally settle for something and then I'm irritable for the rest of the day-this used to happen a lot until I found an outfit that is very comfy for me. I wash it every night and wear it every day. It's irritating to a degree and I think the majority of my problems come from not actually trying things on in the store to see how they feel and fit. I touch them to see how they feel, but it's a different story once it's actually on, covering parts of the body.

Do you ever have days where the same clothes that gave you so much grief one day are the only thing you are comfortable in on another day?

I'm my own guinea pig.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 5:49 pm

Considering I'm a fairly thin man it does get problematic to find things that will fit me right. I personally don't like clothing that is too tight especially around my waist. I feel like I'm suffocating if I have too much on(this gets so problematic with me in the wintertime). I don't really have issues with any specific fabrics except maybe wool since it makes me itchy all over. I stopped wearing underwear a long while ago since I kept having too many issues with whatever I had on. Beyond that, i don't like wearing anything with logos or graphics on it.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 2:01 pm

I generally wear jeans, t-shirt n some tyms i wear a shirt or even i wear tracksuits i just feel comfortable wearin these tings. 8)

gogos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2007, 4:42 am

Tags send me into a quite a state. There is a seam ripper in every drawer of my house.
Static... whoa.... if I have static I cannot concentrate. I just can't.
I'm a big girl.. probably should wear an XL, but I wear XXL.
I only have one pair of shoes... one pair of shorts and three pairs of pants - cuz nothing else feels right.
I only wear t-shirts and sweat shirts (but they can only be cotton, hence the static problem)
When I do have to dress up - it cannot.. I repeat cannot be polyester... ewwwww, I just can't take even talking about it.
My sheets can only be flannel... or I can't sleep!! !

wow.. I love it here!! !! I feel so happy!

MetalWill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Aug 2007, 4:45 pm

I have always had a massive problem with wool. It makes me want to puke! I always had blazing rows with my mother about wearing woolen jumpers and I would even refuse to put the washing on the line because of it.

Recently I have made more of an effort to wear colour but I wont wear anything red,yellow or white (apart from a white shirt with a tie). I tend to wear similar things every day, jeans and t-shirt, but i am really conscious about how the garment hangs on me.

Apart from that I tend to keep my appearence as bland as possible. I've tried all sorts of hair-styles but now I have it cut as short as possible and I don't shave very often, about once every two weeks.

Image was more of an issue when I was in my teens.

bobert
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2007, 10:28 pm

I prefer to wear the minimum amount of clothes possible, generally light colors or earth tones. I hate suits, wool, tight fitting clothes, synthetic fibers, and I especially hate neck ties.

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2007, 1:03 am

As far as pants goes, I like them to be a little baggy, but other than that i'm flexible. cords, loose jeans, casual slacks.
Shirts... it pretty much has to be cotton and a little bit heavy.
My biggest issue is I can't wear sweatshirts/pants, and I don't like wearing shorts.