Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 10:49 am

New documentary about Autism and spirituality coming out next year!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDzTPUTKfzQ[/youtube]

username88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 11:16 am

I thought you said this was real spirituality.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 11:26 am

I tend to think autism is natural evolution at work, the aspie savant is the height of this stage in evolution.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 11:33 am

The "god connection" as you put it, is a product of an almost computerized brain in the way we deal with information and logic, but with that comes the conscious human component.... Morality can be better understood by those who are intellectual enough to not by swayed by bias and tribal issues.
Much of this has been brought about by a number of factors, the industrial and technological revolutions of the past century (such as the internet, as we are moving into more of a computerized age), as well as things like renessaince, the constant conscious yearning for stability across the world, even a few eastern ideas such as balance. There are many factors, ranging from various cultures, as well as all of our secular desires for a better future.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 11:35 am

Very well put.

Pattywack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2007, 12:46 pm

I mean totally, I thought they were talking about it being a movie coming out next year. If it is a movie I can't wait to see it. I totally do beleave that Autism is a gift from God and that we are very blessed to be the way we are.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 10:21 pm

It is a documentary movie coming out next year Pattywack, based on the book by William Stillman.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 12:41 am

The average aspie is an atheist is this basically asking the minority to represent the whole.

I object.

And the reason there are more DXes is the fact this is the new fad disorder.

It's ADD for the 21st century.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 1:16 am

I think we should keep an open mind.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 1:21 am

Flagg wrote:
The average aspie is an atheist is this basically asking the minority to represent the whole.

Absolutely not. With over 2000 answers to various questions about belief in God, prayer and alike, there seems to be no difference between Aspies and NTs in this respect. If anything, Aspies are more prone to be superstitious.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 1:23 am

rdos wrote:
Flagg wrote:

Absolutely not. With over 2000 answers to various questions about belief in God, prayer and alike, there seems to be no difference between Aspies and NTs in this respect. If anything, Aspies are more prone to be superstitious.

superstitious and believer are two very different things.

I've met atheists who wouldn't let me in their house because I have bad chi or somesuch.

Atheist merely implies lack of belief in a deity or deities.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 1:39 am

Flagg wrote:
superstitious and believer are two very different things.

Not too different. The answers to questions about belief in God and belief in supernatural phenomens are correlated.

Flagg wrote:
I've met atheists who wouldn't let me in their house because I have bad chi or somesuch.

Atheist merely implies lack of belief in a deity or deities.

I asked specifically about atheism and a lot of relgious beliefs in a "drop-down". While atheism (and private beliefs) are more common in Aspies, the difference is small. Making generalisations that most Aspies are atheist doesn't follow. BTW, most NTs are atheists as well, at least in western countries.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 3:27 am

Is this similar to the "Crystal" vs. "Indigo" type child? Sorry, but in our quest to find out about our son, we have searched for every explanation...geez! Little did I know that all I had to do was look as his mother! haha

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 5:04 am

Just had a thought because I actually believe all this. I watch christian channels and I noticed something with some of the TV evangelists there is something about them if you look at the behaviour very carefully they are usually very eccentric. Some of them like to be on there own before they start preaching and after as well.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 5:22 am

MrMacPhisto wrote:
Just had a thought because I actually believe all this. I watch christian channels and I noticed something with some of the TV evangelists there is something about them if you look at the behaviour very carefully they are usually very eccentric. Some of them like to be on there own before they start preaching and after as well.

Just because they are insane doesn't mean they have AS.

Most could be diagnosed with Schizophrenia and Narcissism.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 7:02 am

I have been to one of there meetings and yes there is a presence there which is powerful.