Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 11:16 pm

I'm rude when it's polite to be rude, if you know what I mean. Like, in some rude crowds, being polite is insulting. :) I'm sophisticated/polite in sophisticated settings... however, I used to not say thank you just because my mother wanted me to... I never would say it in front of her... I would pretend to forget, stuff my mouth with food so it looked like I couldn't, or be in the bathroom when the waiters came with the food... I'd also sometimes just pretend to be busy. :D :P

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 11:17 pm

I was bought up to be polite and have manners, but I seldom bother to show them now and am often rude.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 11:22 pm

Normally, I'm quite polite, but not with some people. My grandma, for example, is very rude towards me. So as a result, I'm not going to be nice to her (I'm not excusing her behavior just because she's my grandma.). However, she's always been very polite to my cousins, whom use way less manners than me.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

30 Aug 2007, 11:27 pm

I like to think of myself as a polite person.

But the only thing is, that I don't know how others perceive me :?

mmaestro
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 11:29 pm

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I try to be polite, to do otherwise would be disrespectful to others' feelings. I'd rather others were as comfortable around me as possible, and that means making an effort, part of that is decent manners.

Music of the Moment: Radiohead - In Rainbows

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 1:21 am

Why would anyone plan to be polite or rude?

I'm just me; I am told that comes across as polite but I do occasionally make mistakes.

I don't understand why someone would be deliberately rude; it doesn't make sense.

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2007, 1:37 am

A lot of people say that I'm polite, which is weird since I feel that I come off as rude sometimes.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 2:04 am

I try to be polite almost always, but sometimes my honesty is stronger than my diplomacy, and I finish saying things that hurt people.

Also, I frequently forget saying "Hi" to family or classmates when I arrive to a place and "Bye" when I'm leaving.

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm working on it.

31 Aug 2007, 2:29 am

I try to be polite.

kitsunetsuki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Aug 2007, 2:42 am

I try to be , but apparently fail a lot. Actually I tend to say what i perceive sometimes and although I think its true it can offend people.I am well trained with pleases , thank yous, and pardon mes though.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 2:56 am

Lightning88 wrote:
Normally, I'm quite polite, but not with some people. My grandma, for example, is very rude towards me. So as a result, I'm not going to be nice to her (I'm not excusing her behavior just because she's my grandma.). However, she's always been very polite to my cousins, whom use way less manners than me.

My grandmother used to be like that with me when I was younger, and I would talk back and everything else. I think she enjoyed the back and forth confrontation because she always tells me how I am her favorite grandchild now. It could just be that of all her adult grandchildren I am the only one who gives a damn about her and actually spends any time with her. Guess she ran the others off. She doesn't act rude to me any more at least. They lose much of that bite once they begin to decrepify.

As for the main topic, I try to be polite but I also have the need to say snarky things from time to time, so I don't know how I come off to other people.

Davidufo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2007, 2:58 am

I try to be polite, and I think that I am most of the time.
...but sometimes people tell me I'm rude, which is quite frustrating because I really do not want to be rude to people.

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2007, 4:24 am

I try and be polite most of the time but damnit it's hard to say 'excuse me please' to every fat moron who thinks the middle of an aisle in the supermarket is the perfect place to come to a standstill...

Photon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2007, 4:33 am

Yeah, I'm polite.
I don't force myself to be polite I just say thankyou and other nice gestures automatically, sometimes after every response and I'm usually not aware of it.
My brother tells me that NT's force nice gestures becuase it is expected.

Photon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2007, 4:36 am

We choose to express our feelings not based on what the other person might think but on how we feel.

likedcalico wrote [quote] likedcalico [/quote]

QL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2007, 4:41 am

I think I am very polite but I guess I can see how I can seem pretty rude too at times. Like if someone I don't know starts talking me I come off as I don't want talk to them which I don't but still. I try though.