Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Sep 2007, 4:22 pm

or wanting to be like them, alright this is gonna sound ghey but i want to look like some dudes ive seen online, i had the same problem in highschool i constintly copyied this dudes clothing style and got into numerous fights over it. but for some reason i cant help it, is this some wierd people obsession? or just me not knowing what kindof clothes i want to wear.

i guess the good thing is if i copy someone else online they cant kick my butt so..

does this happen to anyone else?

edal
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 4:30 pm

Nothing wrong with it, if you want to copy someone else's style because they might have different ideas than you then go for it.

Ed Almos

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Sep 2007, 4:40 pm

thanks. personally i'd be flatterd if some dude wanted to dress like me :D

krex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 5:20 pm

richardbenson wrote:
thanks. personally i'd be flatterd if some dude wanted to dress like me :D

Isnt "copying" how most people decide what to wear?(Except me,I decide based on what is cheap at the thriftstore,not bright colors and made our of cotton...I wear a lot of Pajamams...want to copy my style 8) .....)I think seeing a style you like is the same thing as collecting rocks....you are attracted to certain colors,textures,styles.Nothing wrong with that (and glad to see you back :D )

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Sep 2007, 5:32 pm

good points krex and thanks. i knew i wasnt gonna last more than a week. i dont know why i keep saying that im leaving. i guess its because i have no friends and want to feel missed. :?

Witt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Sep 2007, 5:33 pm

Copying of NT behavior is sometimes very useful for Aspies in some social situations,when is necessary to behave like a NT.
I mostly learned how to copy NT behavior from movies and few NT's that I have observed.
This was crucial for me in college and gatherings,since NT people in general don't have understanding for Aspie traits.

Due to this 'copying' I can almost pass as NT,but I had to spend years of practice.

'Copying' is just form of adaptive social strategy,there is nothing wrong with that in general.

Jack Torrance

krex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 5:53 pm

richardbenson wrote:
good points krex and thanks. i knew i wasnt gonna last more than a week. i dont know why i keep saying that im leaving. i guess its because i have no friends and want to feel missed. :?

Nothing wrong with that either and you are a part of the family,so of course you are missed.

I also think it is very "aspie" to create useful "personas" that we can slip into and out of.I did it as the drama geek,feminist(I secretly shaved my legs,dont tell them),punkrocker and deathrocker(pre-emo).I really enjoyed creating my costumes,studying the postures of others...I thought the whole thing was pretty entertaining.The only difference from me and some of the NT's who did the same thing...is that I was doing so by choice and with full awareness that I was creating a persona(ie,didnt take my "image" seriously).It was a good way to meet people who actually did share my interests in music,books,etc but eventually I got sick of them trying to change the real parts of me that didnt fit their "image".

So have some fun.Look the way you want,create who you want to look like.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

MerryBerry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2007, 5:54 pm

Sorry about that...having a bit of an identity crisis! :lol:

Witt wrote:
Copying of NT behavior is sometimes very useful for Aspies in some social situations,when is necessary to behave like a NT.

Yeah, I do that too, it is helpful in RL, when I'm not sure how to behave especially in social situations.

I don't think there's anything wrong with copying what people wear. If I see a woman who looks good in something and she's about the same size as me, I'll know the same kind of thing would look OK on me. I hate clothes shopping anyway so it gives me an idea of what to buy.