the never-had-a-girlfriend boy

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

dasanbe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2007, 2:33 pm

Don't look for a girlfriend. She will find you.

OMGpenguin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2007, 8:07 pm

dasanbe wrote:

Then I think I forgot where to wait.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2007, 6:46 am

dasanbe wrote:

Pfft. I'd have more faith in that notion if women didn't look at me with a mixture of bemusement and pity most of the time.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2007, 2:35 pm

They usually look at me with fear and desire.

Oh wait, no. That's geese, when I have corn. :P

WildMan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2007, 2:23 am

petersburgfighter17 wrote:
:( I am somebody who has never had a girlfriend. Will I ever try to find a girlfriend on WrongPlanet.net?

It is better to be single than be with someone who treats you badly. I wasted alot of my time with the wrong people when i could have achieved more quicker without people I wasn't compatible with dragging me down. Don't rush anything--- being with the wrong person can put you further back (emotionally, financially, etc.) than simply being single.

WildMan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Sep 2007, 10:11 pm

dasanbe wrote:

Sorry, but that kind of advice just doesn't help. And don't think we haven't heard it a million times already.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 10:13 pm

Pretty much where I'm settling to.
That which has to be worked for,
isn't worth having.

Now, I just have to remember
to stay true to it.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 11:23 pm

My two best friends are super hot girls (knockout figures, great faces), but we're just friends. One of them, Roula, has a Playboy Bunny body (huge rack, tiny waist, great style), but we've known each other since we were kids...

Brainsforbreakfast
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Sep 2007, 10:15 am

skahthic wrote:
petersburgfighter17 wrote:
:( I am somebody who has never had a girlfriend. Will I ever try to find a girlfriend on WrongPlanet.net?

It is better to be single than be with someone who treats you badly. I wasted alot of my time with the wrong people when i could have achieved more quicker without people I wasn't compatible with dragging me down. Don't rush anything--- being with the wrong person can put you further back (emotionally, financially, etc.) than simply being single.

So true :(

This is what a lot of inexperienced people are forgetting;
Relationships aren't some kind of utopia preferable to being single.
Being in a relationship means you have to make quite a lot of sacrifices.
And It's kind of pointless to sacrifice so much for a relationship that doesn't work for you.

If you're desperate for love, you're going to end up with the wrong people.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2007, 4:35 pm

ive been by myself all the time, iv'e only just recently fallen in love with my one of best freinds lizzie, i have told her but she wasnt ready for a relationship :cry: its really annoying thinking that she'll be off with someone else when she knows ive fallen in love with her, ive talked to her every day on msn but i havent met her in three years and been able to speak to her ive really had enough of not being able to speak to her face to face instead of typing :(

EA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2007, 1:33 pm

Yeah, I've never had a date either, although I once came close. I think the most important thing one needs to ask a girl out is raw audacity. The basic self-control to ask. And to thrash out a relationship first. The best thing is to just perserveer, pour some beer...and to never admit it. You'd be suprised what you can get if you use the power of denial, even though she can read you like a book.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 7:08 pm

EA wrote:
I think the most important thing one needs to ask a girl out is raw audacity. The basic self-control to ask.

And the control NOT to frighten,
when you do ask.

Quote:
And to thrash out a relationship first.

Not sure what you mean here, but the more ambiguous the
situation, the safer it is. You start talking about a lifetime
together, before you live with one another, and you're
only asking for trouble.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 12:48 am

If there were any women that were into the incompetent "playing dumb" approach, I would have a girlfriend right about now...

It's not so much that I'm completely freaked out at the concept (well maybe I am, but that's beside the point), but the fact that, owing to the general aspie traits such as "not knowing anything about the person in question going in" or "not being able to hold an NT-acceptable conversation for >5 minutes", I come off as completely incompetent. I know this completely, yet am powerless to stop it.

jess162k7
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2007, 6:21 am

well if your really fussy then you won't get anywhere if you just really picky, but depends wot sort of girl you want

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2007, 12:24 am

I say enjoy being single. Even if you're in a relationship, you're only with that person for some of the time. However, you're with yourself ALL the time. I say make sure you'd ask yourself out before you deal with asking out anyone else...