Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

MinorAnnoyance
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2007, 3:46 pm

I sometimes get a song stuck in my head that is so persistent it keeps me up at night and I have to turn up the volume on my TV on one of the static channels so I literally can't hear myself think.
I know everyone gets songs stuck in their head but I sometimes think I'm more likely as it's often all the time. My record is 15 hours with All Along the Watch Tower. Not the Bob Dylan version or the Jimi Hendrix version, the one that was at the end of season three of Battlestar Galactica. It even survived my going to sleep and waking up.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2007, 3:50 pm

heh, i always have something going on in my head, and occasionally it keeps me awake indeed, but not that bad, i would go insane if I had that problem, if u have to turn your tv on to a static channel jeeze... idk man, im sorry to hear that, i must say u r stronger then I am id go crazy! heh

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 5:31 pm

A lot of the time I get songs stuck in my head. Not that I mind it except when it's annoying songs from kids' shows. :lol:

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 6:04 pm

That happens to me all the time. Even when I'm at the library and I see a book title that resembles a song title, I start singing that song.

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2007, 6:29 pm

I get songs stuck in my head many times. It doesn't keep me up all night but sometimes due to the song that gets stuck in my head it gets difficult to concentrate on other things.

Stitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2007, 6:38 pm

Yeah, all the time. It used to be good stuff, but lately it's been really, really annoying songs from when I was growing up. I've had one running for a year or two now, a horrible folk song about some Robin Hood-type character. Not constantly, but it pops up a few times every day. Drives me nuts at times.

Since we're on the subject of tunes... Does anybody have a problem with whistling or humming? I don't seem to have any control over when or what I whistle :s I just start, and don't notice until somebody kicks me.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Sep 2007, 8:50 pm

I have been singing the same song for the last 4 days non-stop, it's playing right NOW on repeat.Paul Simons Once Upon a Time I was an Ocean" off his "Surprise " CD. It's driving one of the girls at work crazy and she told me"Your only doing it cause youknow it bothers me". I told her "Don't be be so vain as to think I would invest that much energy into anything just to annoy you. This really has nothing to do w/ you". And then I sang it louder :D and made her go sit in my car and listen to it 4 times after work.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 10:13 pm

I do get tunes in my head when I wake up in the morning. Especially the ones with a lot of melody in them this moring it was Mozart's symphony #40 but previously it has been "disenchanted" My Chemical Romance or Vivaldi's "winter" which also sounds pretty cool.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 4:43 am

All Along the Watch Tower. Not the Bob Dylan version or the Jimi Hendrix version, the one that was at the end of season three of Battlestar Galactica. It even survived my going to sleep and waking up.[/quote]

You forgot to mention U2s version I love that song

#There must be some way out of here
Said the joker to the theif......etc

They never recorded they only did the song live.

Some songs freak me out at the moment The More I See You freaks me out. Anyway I have caught myself singing the theme song from Lazy Twons before now.

Muddled
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2007, 6:34 am

I can sympathise with having a persistent song in your head. Every single waking second, I HAVE to have some tune or rhythm in my head. The only time there isn't is if I'm already listening to music, or sometimes watching tv if it really has my attention. For years and years I've had a small number of tunes/songs that have been my constant companions, mostly annoying little tunes that make people laugh when they hear me singing it under my breathe (if I'm not singing, then I'm humming it, tapping my feet or hands to it, or even grinding my teeth to the rhythm). Ode to Joy, You Are My Sunshine, the Smurfs theme song, the chicken dance tune, a particular tune from the old Mario Bros game. Some tunes come and go for months at a time, but those ones listed are pretty damn persistent. :roll:

I don't think I know what it's like to have a quiet, non-musical mind. :?

Stitch

10 Sep 2007, 8:28 am

Heh, that's almost exactly like me, muddled. I'm just happy I don't have the chicken dance :)

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 10:38 am

ya often but it needs to be a good rythm curently i got song in my head called children of bodom-punch me i bleed

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FwHSCenOXZ8[/youtube]

i just love the words coz they totally descripe my mood...all the shame i feel and all the rage i feel...enjoy :wink: 8)

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2007, 10:58 am

I almost always wake up with a tune of some description in my head. Usually it's something I like (although by no means always...), but the trouble is, my kids know this, and they also know that if they sing or play something catchy at me it'll stick.

You try getting through a day's work with Weebl and Bob's "I've Got A Big Bag of Crabs" going round and round your brain... 8O

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2007, 11:18 am

I always have a song stuck in my head. Literally always; I can't even remember the last time I didn't have a song in my head. Sometimes it annoys the hell out of me. In my case it might be ADD-related. I'm on Ritalin, but that hasn't stopped the perpetual music in my head, not even for a little bit. Right now it's "Enemy" by Disturbed. My head is like an MP3-player without an "off" switch.